Chapter 16

Caleb's/ Xavier's P.O.V

This is not how I imagined my Sunday going. "Father leave us now." My father looked at me in shock and somewhat anger, probably because I spoke to him like that but I needed to speak to her and tell her what she's doing. She was walking around the room mumbling to herself she did this a lot when she was confused and angry. "Texas sit down." She looked up at me and honestly I saw the purest eyes I've ever seen, I felt awful. I didn't know whether to tell her the truth or just sit there and lie to her so I tried to make a deal with her.

"Texas, if you don't want to do this I won't force you but my father won't protect your father so how about we go along with it for a little while until your father comes to some sort of agreement?" She looked at me and I saw a glimpse of happiness in her eyes. "Would I still be allowed to see Mason?" Is she serious? He's using her and he's going to rip her heart out. "No, I'm sorry I can't allow that!" I knew she thought I was being selfish but I was protecting her I couldn't let her be with someone who doesn't care about her.

"Then I won't marry you, I'll move my family away. My father is Chief Police I know I can get him the top protection in the country. You don't know me Caleb, wait no it's Xavier now, obviously you lied to me for so long and then you let me like you."

I cause way too much pain. "Texas if you leave I won't hesitate to get my men after your family." Shit I wasn't meant to say that, it probably just made matters 10 times worse. "You wouldn't do that to me, no matter what you say you care about me in some twisted way, I won't stay when I don't want too not unless I get to see my boyfriend." I had to tell her, I couldn't let her not see him without a reasonable reason. "He's cheating on you."

She looked at me with so much hurt and I could tell she wanted to punch me in the face but obviously she wouldn't dare. "So because I'm not marrying you, you make up lies about my relationship. Let's not forget I wouldn't be with him if you cared about me the way I cared about you. I tried for months on end to find you but I couldn't and Mason was the one who picked up the pieces and it helped. Then I began to like him. You just need to accept that."

I pulled out my phone and showed her the picture that one of the girls put up, then she started to cry. I grabbed her and hugged her. "I might not have these feelings for you as you used to for me but I can assure you I will never hurt you like he has." She wasn't hugging back but I would stick to my word for her safety. "That's what's hurting me." Then she hugged me.