Chapter Three - Now I Remember

"Lizzie?"

I rolled onto my stomach. The surface beneath me was hard and cold. As I lift my head up, I felt a sharp pain down the left side of my neck.

"Lizzie?"

I tried to open my mouth, but I was too scared. I knew nothing of what he could do to me, and wasn't at all willing to find out.

"Lizzie, if you can hear me, say something."

God, damn it. If I hear that freakin' voice call my name one more time, I swear I'll rip this guy's head off!

"Lizzie?"

Fuck my life. That was it.

"What do you want?!" I screamed at the top of my voice. The pain in my neck became worse, and my head started throbbing.

"My brother's hurt you, hasn't he?" the voice presumed. I turned my head to face the bastard calling me. I gasped at the pain caused by that small movement, and what made it even worse was realising who was beside me. Stefan Salvatore. Ugh. And behind him? Elena Gilbert. Oh, crap.

"Yes, he's hurt me, Captain Obvious," I spat.

"I'm...sorry," Stefan replied.

I laughed sarcastically. "You're apologising because your twat of a brother hurt me? What the fuck did he even do to me anyway? He..." Then I began remembering everything. "Oh, fuck. He said he was a vampire." And that's when I began hyperventilating. Stefan looked deep into my eyes.

"You don't remember what he is. He never told you what he is," he told me. I relaxed.

Elena whispered something in Stefan's ear, and Stefan nodded in response. Then he turned around and whispered something back to her. She bit her lip and frowned.

After a while, I became annoyed with the suspense. Not to mention the searing pain that just wouldn't go away. "Look, people, I'm in agony here. So could you please tell me what the hell your son of a bitch brother has done to me, or get me to a hospital?"

Stefan hesitated, then took in a deep breath. "My brother and I," he began, but shook his head, changing his mind. He tried again. "Lizzie, I can heal you. It may be the most repulsive thing you'll ever experience, but it'll take the pain away."

I contemplated the idea of Stefan Salvatore healing me. How would he heal me? Was it even possible? I mean, I didn't even know what Damon had done to me, let alone how anyone could repair the damage done.

"How can you heal me?" I challenged.

"I just...can," Stefan replied. "My brother does this a lot. Goes around harming innocent girls. He can't help it. It's just...natural, to him. I apologise on his behalf. Please, let me help you. I can do more than a doctor could ever do."

"Yes, and that's okay," I sighed. "But what I'm asking is how you would heal me."

Stefan gulped, put his wrist against his open mouth and bit into his flesh. Then he extended his arm towards me and said one word. "Drink."

"What?" I became hysterical. He wanted me to what? Drink from his wrist? Drink his blood? What kind of fucking mental idiot says that?

"It'll heal you," he insisted. "Quickly."

Confused, I took his arm in my hands and pressed my lips to his wound. Then I sucked on the spilling blood, and grunted with disgust.

His blood was a medium temperature, and tasted like a combination of copper and sugar. Stefan was right. It was the most revolting thing ever. But, he had assured me that it would do me some good - though, fuck knows why - and, for some reason, I believed him.