Chapter Seventeen - The Memories I'd Locked Away

"Well, that was awfully dull," I complained, turning off the TV and skimming the remote across the floor.

"I told you that we shouldn't watch that Glee crap," Damon said defensively.

"Yes, well Glee is normally pretty good. But that one was just crap," I nodded. "It was a repeat, anyway. Of a season one episode. I've seen it a million times. I used to have them on DVD, back in England."

"All Glee episodes are crap."

"You're only saying that to disguise the fact that you secretly like Dianna Agron."

"Who?"

"Quinn."

"Oh. The peppy blond who got knocked up by the dude with the mohawk. She's alright. Not as sexy as that Satan chick."

"Santana?" I smirked. "In season two, she confessed to being a lesbian."

"I can handle that," Damon said seriously, without hesitation. "I've dealt with homosexuals before. They're no different to you. If anything, their rougher."

I coughed. "Excuse me?"

"Oh, I think you know what I said," Damon chuckled dryly, cocking an eyebrow at me.

"Yes. I know what you said. I just couldn't believe what I heard."

"Look, Lizzie. I've been with a lesbian before, and I have no issues with them. They're rather exhilarating."

I looked away, feeling both sick and humourous. Damon had shagged a lesbian before? How did that happen? Probably using compulsion. I realised that Damon hadn't yet taught me how to compel anyone yet. I'd have to get him for that. Later. Right now, I'm somehow managing to picture Damon with a lesbian. It's not a pretty picture, yet I can't help and giggling at the image I've managed to produce.

"How about we end this conversation?" Damon suggested.

"Good idea," I replied immediately.

"Are you back to normal yet?" he asked.

"Nearly," I sighed. "Shouldn't the drugs last at least twenty four hours?"

"If you were human, then the effects would last about forty eight hours. But, as you're a vampire, your supernatural healing powers have probably made all of the drugs evaporate or something."

"Well, that sucks," I frowned. "You got any left?"

"Nah," he laughed. "I gave them all to you last night."

"Quick question; how did you get it all into me without me realising that the taste was off or something?"

"Lizzie, you were hammered. Once you'd had a couple, I started adding the powdered pills to your drink, and you just didn't say a thing. The alcohol was down your neck before you'd even tasted it."

"And did you take any drugs?"

"They're not my thing." He scrunched his nose up.

"Yet you still gave them to me, regardless?" I grimaced.

"Well, after I developed my plan to kill Katherine, I figured that you'd need cheering up a bit. So, I spoke to an old friend of mine, who managed to get me the drugs for free."

"In other words, you compelled a bunch of pricks to lead you to a drug dealer, who you then compelled to give you the drugs free of charge."

"Well, yeah. I suppose you could put it that way."

I let let out a long breath. Damon began tunelessly drumming on his knees, like Dad used to do. Except Dad used to tap along to songs by Phil Collins and Bon Jovi, instead of making up his own tune. I would play "Living On A Prayer" or "Against All Odds" and I'd sing along while he tapped the beat. Those songs were his favourites. They were my favourites, too. Now that I think about it, they still are. Once Ben had introduced me to Muse and Evanescence, I'd completely forgotten about the music from my childhood. It's a shame, really. I never got to spend enough time with my parents before they got a divorce. My Dad and I had so much in common, and I enjoyed going on those horrid rides at Thorpe Park and Drayton Manor with Mum.