Chapter Nine - You're Annoying Me

By nightfall, Damon still hadn't returned. He'd been missing the whole day. I wanted to go and search for him, but I wasn't too sure what control I'd be able to have over myself. So, I just stayed in one of the spare bedrooms of the Salvatore Boarding House.

The room wasn't as large as Damon's, but it was big enough for one or two residents. It was dominated by a king size, four poster bed. As well as that was a small dresser, a floor length mirror and a tiny, curtained window. It was a cosy little room.

Stefan had popped in a few times, one of them being to apologise for his pathetic and unneeded behaviour. I thanked and forgave him, informing him that I was beginning to discover where he was coming from. The guy was only trying to help, and for that I was grateful. It was more than anybody else would do.

He also told me that he would keep Elena away from the house for the next few days. Of course, he assured me that it was nothing personal, and that he was doing it for my own benefit. I just nodded and smiled.

Once the sun had sunk right below the horizon, I jogged down the stairs. Stefan was out at the Grill for the evening, and Damon seemed content on keeping his distance. I had the house to myself.

I made my way into the kitchen, flicking on the kettle and grabbing a mug from the cupboard. I made myself a steaming hot coffee and swigged it back within a few seconds. The hot water scolded my mouth, but I got over that pain pretty quickly. Then I headed to the study, where Damon kept his alcohol.

On the small coffee table was a very tempting bottle of whiskey. As I walked out of the study five minutes later, the bottle was empty, and I was fairly drunk. Just as I was about collapse back onto the sofa, I heard the front door open. and turned as Stefan walked in.

"Hello, Stefan," I droned.

"You're drunk," Stefan acknowledged.

"Oh, well done, Stefan. Aren't we the clever one?"

"Get up to bed, Lizzie," he sighed. "Now."

"And what if I don't want to?" I teased, carefully putting one foot in front of the other so that I could walk over to Stefan without stumbling or falling flat on my face. And I made it. I rested my hands on Stefan's shoulders, looking into his deep, green eyes. God, his eyes are gorgeous. I licked my lips hungrily.

"Lizzie," Stefan mumbled, seemingly embarrassed. "Get up to bed."

"Come on, Stefan," I whined. "Lighten up a little. Ever had an affair? Or a threesome? I'm sure Elena will be up for that. I know I would." I winked at him, but he wasn't looking.

Stefan's eyes widened and his breathing became heavy. It reminded me of Damon this morning, only...

I forced myself upon Stefan; pressing our bodies together while my lips moved frantically against his. Just as I managed to push my tongue through his lips, he pushed me away and ran to the other side of the room. His body bent over in a defensive crouch; his eyes bloodshot and his fangs bared. Meanwhile, all I could think about was running my hands through his tawny hair. His lovely, thick, luscious, tawny hair.

And then I literally slapped myself around the face. It stung a lot, and I screamed with both shock and agony. I felt those green eyes on me, causing me to shiver. I stared down at my feet, wishing my cheeks would just burn red already.

"I'm so sorry, Stefan," I blurted out. "That was so wrong of me. It's just that Damon left this morning, and I don't know where he's buggered off to. If you know anything about his whereabouts, then please, just tell me already."

Stefan shook his head. "I don't know where Damon is," he admitted, standing up straight. "He could be anywhere. Why did he leave, anyway?"

I looked away shyly. "I kissed him. Well, he kissed me. It was awkward, Then he took his shirt off and..."