Chapter Twenty-Eight - My Male Equivalent

"Time to get up," Damon laughed, bursting into Stefan's room. I was close behind him, a glass of water held tightly in my hand. "Come on. You can't stay in bed all day. Up."

When Elena and Stefan didn't wake, Damon walked over to me silently and took the glass from my hand. I smirked mischievously at him. He walked back over to Stefan's bedside and tipped the glass up so that all of the freezing water spilled over Stefan's naked chest.

"Gah!" he screamed, pushing Elena off him and wiping himself in the sheets. "Damon!"

I put my hand over my mouth, nearly doubled over in a fit of giggles. Elena was stirring, and I was surprised that she still hadn't awakened. Damon was leaning up against the wall, doubled over and shaking with silent laughter.

"Damon, you bastard," Stefan growled, ruffling his hair. Drops of water splashed over the bed. I giggled to myself.

"Damon," Elena groaned, rubbing her eyes. "What did you do that for?"

"Because I felt like it," Damon chuckled. "I would say that's a reasonably plausible motive. Don't you, Lizzie?"

"Oh, yes," I nodded, straightening my facial expression. "I would say that's a very plausible motive. Couldn't be a better motive, is you ask me."

"Well, nobody did ask you," Elena spat.

"Technically, Damon did," I smiled. That shut up the little bitch.

"I'm bored," I sighed after an awkward silence. "I'm going to see what the blond bimbo's up to."

"Who?" Damon frowned. "Caroline?"

"That would be the one," I said before belting out of Stefan's bedroom and down the long staircase. After slipping on a pair of Stefan's old trainers, I rushed out of the door and opened the garage door. Inside was Stefan's vintage red Porsche, which I'd been dying to drive since the moment I laid eyes on it.

You see, I have a thing for Porsches. Since I was a little girl, back in England, I'd always admired them and their sleek structure. I mean, they're sports cars, for crying out loud! Who wouldn't wish for a sports car?

They'd been one of the only cars I'd taken interest in - other than Ferraris, of course. I couldn't really identify why I favoured them over other sports cars. I suppose it's just preference. They've always stood out more compared to Minis and Jaguars and Mercedes.

I had already taken Stefan's keys from the kitchen worktop and unlocked the car with ease. My hands were shaking, but I managed to twist the key and unlock the door. As I slid into the driver's seat, my body tingled with excitement. This car was vintage. I mean, how many vintage Porsches do you find in an amazing condition?

And then I was off. Out of the driveway and down the road. The car bounced over the speed bumps and was knocked by the occasional pebble, but otherwise it slid along the concrete perfectly. This car was much smoother than my Porsche, which was either rusting in the driveway of my old house, or was stolen by some twat who couldn't afford to buy their own car.

I wasn't sure where I was going. I had intended to visit Caroline, but I then realised that I had no idea where she actually lived in Mystic Falls. That left me with fewer options.

The plan was still that my current existence was to be kept a secret. According to Stefan, most students at school had assumed that I'd committed suicide after refusing to deal with my parents any longer. Other suggestions were that I had ran off to some other state, or that I'd been kidnapped. These guesses were pretty reasonable, though they were far from the truth.

No. The truth was that I'd been turned into a vampire by my vampire boyfriend and was now living a totally unvampiric lifestyle. Yes, this life was far from the one of Edward Cullen. At least his life was full of action. Mine included romantic shit shared between Stefan and Elena, Damon's constant pining after Elena, and general bitching between Caroline and I. Or Elena and I. Either combination applied.