Chapter Sixteen - You Drugged My Drink? Well Done, Einstein

I woke up feeling hysterically energetic. A constant rush of adrenaline flowed throughout my body, making me tingle inside. As I bounced up and out of bed, I noticed Damon still peacefully sleeping. How sweet. What a shame it won't last much longer.

I smiled devillishly as my eyes located an old stereo dumped in the corner of the spare bedroom. I plugged it in and managed to figure out how to set it up. Then, pulling my MP3 - which I had recovered from the forest, a little bit wet, but still intact - from my pocket, I managed to connect it to the stereo. Suddenly, the speakers began to vibrate with "Uprising" by Muse. I began screaming the lyrics.

"'Paranoia is in bloom,'" I sang gleefully, despite the fact that I was very much out of tune. "'The PR transmissions will resume.'"

"Turn that crap down!" Damon yelled in a heavy southern accent, bolting upright and almost penetrating my soul with his gorgeous blue eyes. God, he's so hot. Have I said that before? I don't think I have...

"You're awake," I grinned.

"Yeah. Thanks to you," he snarled.

"Chill out, buzz kill," I teased. "You're turning into Saint Stefan."

At that, his facial expression changed from a bitter scowl to a sarcastic smile.

"That's better," I approved, changing the song to "Tourniquet" by Evanescence.

"Really, Lizzie?" Damon sighed. "Do we honestly have to listen to this rubbish?"

"Yes," I said simply, my voice hopefully indicating that there was to be no further discussion of the subject. I didn't think that he would take that too well, but he seemed okay with it.

 "So, what're we doing?" he asked as a feeble attempt to change the subject.

"We're standing around, listening to hardcore music," I grimaced, wondering if Damon actually ever payed attention to anything, or if it just went in one ear and came out of the other. That's what my mum used to say.

Damon grunted. "I kind of figured that, smart arse. I knew that I shouldn't have spiked your drink."

"I beg your pardon?" I gasped, unsure of what I had heard.

"I said that I shouldn't have spiked your drink," he repeated.

"You spiked my drink? What with?"

"Ecstasy - you know, that illegal stuff. Then I borrowed Saint Stefan's box of Prozac."

"And how much ecstasy and Prozac did you give to me?"

"Not enough to give you an overdose," he said knowingly. "I mean, you can't have an overdose. You're already dead. So, a whole lot of Prozac and a few other random pills. I'm not sure if they're actually estasy, though - the guy I got them from was a bit of a dodgy dealer - but I thought that I'd give them a try anyway."

"So, you decided to give me a glass of alcohol spiked with a lot of random drugs from some dodgy person that you probably found on the streets." I rolled my eyes. "Thanks. And, I thought that you actually love me."

 "I don't love anyone. I'm just very fond of a select few. The rest are just a bunch of morons who try to make their way into my life. I kick them straight out."

At that, I was hurt. It just makes this whole 'relationship' seem like a massive lie. Like he's just using me for sex. Which wouldn't surprise me, seeing as he is some kind of vampire sex and blood addict, but it still hurts like he's just taken a knife and stabbed it into my abdomen. Now that would be nasty.

"It's not fair!" I screamed pathetically, throwing my arms down by my side like a five year old would do when throwing a tantrum. Oops. I'd better be careful next time. I didn't want to act too much younger than my age.

"What's not fair?" Damon smirked, picking up his shirt from the floor and stuffing his arms into the sleeves. He didn't bother to button it up. I looked down at my body and smirked, realising that I was only clothed in some verythin underwear, which I think I'd borrowed from Elena. Eww. I borrowed underwear from Elena Gilbert? That's sick. Ah, well. It would have to do.

"What's not fair is that you, Damon Salvatore, are a manipulating bastard!" I grabbed a pillow from the bed and slapped it over Damon's head. He just stood there simply while feathers cascaded from the broken fabric. Wait. How did the fabric break? What the...?

Before I got to end my fairly short trail of thoughts, Damon grabbed one of the other pillows and slammed it against my head in the same way that I had done so to him. I reached up and clawed it with my fingernails. More feathers spilled onto the floor.

I gasped, yanking feathers from my knotted hair. Damon growled playfully, tearing off one of the wardrobe doors and snapping it in half. I cocked an eyebrow at him, a laugh playing on my lips as I snatched the lamp from the dresser and held it out defensively. Damon chuckled at me. At least it's a better object than the one I last used to defend myself - a shard of glass. Ha ha. What an amazing way to defend myself from a vampire. I knew nothing back then.

Suddenly the broken wardrobe door came crashing down on my head. I let out a cry of pain as the wood smashed into splinters. The lamp jolted out of my hands and flew into Damon's stomach. As I let out both cries of pain and apology, Damon doubled over in agony. I rubbed my head, feeling blood transfer onto my hair. You've got to be kidding me.

And then it was all over. Damon was laying on the bed, examining his healed wounds. I perched next to him, pulling already dried blood from my blond hair. 

"Well, that was fun," Damon mumbled.

"Yeah," I sighed. "It was absolutely amazing.

"What the hell went on in here?" Stefan asked, opening in the door.

"Every heard of knocking?" I moaned, brushing my hair away from my face.

"Funnily enough, I have," Stefan replied, raising his eyebrows as he studied the room. "But while Elena and I were trying to discuss today's events over coffee, all we could hear was banging and screaming..."

Damon and I both choked out laughter. "Yeah. That was us."

"And what were you doing?"

"Nothing like that!" I shouted. "We were just..."

"How about you tell me the whole story," Stefan suggested.

"The long one, or the short one?" I asked.

"As long as possible. I have all day."

"Well, last night, Damon and I got pissed, but Damon spiked my drink with fuck knows what. Then I woke up and I just felt like running a mile. So I woke Damon up with some really awesome music, and we kind of threw pillows at each other, and they exploded. Then Damon hit me over the head with the wardrobe door, and I smashed the lamp into his stomach. Now, I'm kind of whacked," I explained.

"Right... And what did Damon spike your drink with?"

"I don't know," I shrugged. "Some shit he got from a dealer. And Prozac."

"Nice one, Damon," Stefan rolled his eyes and folded his arms across his chest. "Well, you two better get cleaned up. I volunteered us to help clean up at the Lockwood house."

"Stefan Salvatore, you are officially an idiot. I'm stoned, I have a hangover, and that hunger Damon keeps on about is really starting to kick in. Plus, everyone's supposed to think that I'm missing. If I turn up to the Lockwood house with you lot, something is going to seem suspicious. Correct? So, I don't think tagging along to help clean up is such a good idea."

"Damon's attitude has really rubbed off on you," Stefan said, giving in.

"And that's bad because...?"

"I'll see you two later. And, Damon, don't think that you're getting away with this." Stefan gave Damon a meaningful look as he left the room.

"What now?" I breathed, leaning back against the headboard.

"We have the whole day to ourselves," Damon grinned.