Chapter Thirteen - Hello, Katherine. Goodbye, Katherine?

"Ugh. It's hideous," I moaned, holding the green dress as far away from me as possible. Realising that I'd just technically insulted Elena. I smiled apologetically. "But, it'll have to do. I can't get back in to my own home. Damon explained that my Nan has taken up residence in the old place, and has to invite me in, and I really want everyone to believe that I'm missing. Thanks again, Elena."

"Are you girls done yet?" Stefan called, knocking on Elena's bedroom door.

"One minute," I replied. Elena pointed out the bathroom, and I rushed in, quickly slipping out of my borrowed clothes and into my borrowed dress. It actually looked pretty good on me, despite the fact that it looked hideous on the hanger. Huh. That's a first.

Stefan was sat on Elena's bed as I exited the bathroom. I giggled slightly as I saw him sat there in a gorgeous suit, accompanied my a black, sequinned mask, which looked like a fashion accessory of a small girl.

"Nice mask," I choked.

Stefan held out his hand. Between his fingers was my own black, sequinned mask. I took it from him, reluctantly. Oh, Hell.

"Thank you," I said sarcastically. "I'm sure it will look lovely."

"Yes. I'm sure it will, too," Damon chirped in. I hadn't realised that he was stood in the doorway. I turned to him and smiled when I realised that he was also dressed in a suit, which happened to be identical to Stefan's. He was also disguised with a black, sequinned mask. However, his was in the shape of a butterfly. I couldn't stifle my laughter.

"Alright, alright," Damon sighed. "Come on. We'd better get going. We have a vampire whore to kill."

"Wait," I stopped them. "We're killing Katherine?"

"Damon," Stefan frowned. "We tried killing her last year, and she got us back by hurting Elena. Do you really want that to happen again?"

"She's not that stupid," Damon grimaced. "She knows that we know what's coming. And, Bonnie's a lot stronger. She can take her on."

"Oh, yeah," Elena spat. "Like how she took on Klaus? That nearly killed her, Damon."

"Who's Klaus?" I butted in.

"That's another story for another time," Damon told me. "And Bonnie knows what she's doing, Elena. So, don't go getting gobby with me. It's only amusing when I'm the one being sarcastic."

"And, anyway," Stefan said calmly, obviously trying to end the argument, "Klaus was much stronger than Katherine. He was an original. Granted, Katherine has been around for about half a millennium, but there's more than one way to kill her." Then he looked at Damon. "This time, don't go shutting her in the tomb. Take a stake and drive it through her heart."

"Can we just go already?" I half-yelled.

"Sure. I'm bored of this conversation, anyway," Damon shrugged, racing me down the stairs and out of the front door. His convertible was waiting outside the house. He hopped into the driver's seat while I sat down in the passenger side. I began to miss my Porsche.

As Damon drove along, I peered into the backseat, which was occupied by a few of the wierd, confetti canon things that Stefan had brought along when he and Damon had rescued me yesterday.

"Damon, what are those?" I asked Damon, reaching back and picking up one of them. I placed it on my lap and examined it.

"One of Alaric Saltzman's wierd, compressed air things," he said. "A bit offensive, if you ask me. But, they do a pretty good job. Old Saltzman hasn't done too bad for himself."

"Mr Saltzman? As in my history teacher, Mr Saltzman?"

"The one and only."

"So, what is he? A vampire hunter."