how to: middle school guide

if you're starting middle school, or straight in the middle of it, here's some tips on how to adapt, what to expect, and how to make your middle school experience as fun and helpful as it can be.

❁❁❁❁❁

🎀✧ friends
➳While changing schools, there might be friends that will follow, or you're going to a school that's completely different from your friends'. If your friends are following each other, you're going to need to understand that you won't see them as much as you did in elementary school, if you're in different classes. Try setting up sleepovers, study dates, and hangout sessions to keep up with them outside of school! You also need to be open to making new friends, as those will be the people you stick with throughout middle school and maybe into Highschool.

💎✧ making new friends
➳Join clubs or sports teams. Within these activities, you'll meet new people with similar interests as you. Once you make a friend, they'll probably introduce you to their friends, also having the same interests. That's all it takes, just keep meeting new groups of friends, and find out which ones make you feel happy and enjoy your company.

🔭✧ classes
➳While in your classes, you'll be needing to take lots of notes, so make a habit of it. It'll be helpful for homework and studying for tests. If you need help, always ask a neighbor, friend, or teacher. ALWAYS say something if you don't understand. If you don't understand, somebody else probably doesn't either. You're only failing yourself if you don't come to ask for help.

🔮✧ homework
➳You're going to be getting more homework than elementary school, so set aside some time for homework every night. Try to do your homework at the same time every night, and it'll set a habit. Don't procrastinate your homework.

❗️✧ drama alert
➳Middle school is where the drama begins, and you're going to want to avoid as much of it as possible. Don't try to put yourself in the mix. It won't look good on your outlook, and you could get your feelings really hurt. Hang out with friends who aren't the queens of drama, and you'll be fine.

🍒✧ express yo'self
➳Middle school is where you start to find out who you really are, based on situations where you're put in. Will you procrastinate the essay, or get it done early, so you have free time over the weekend? You also find yourself coming across new interests, and the thing is, some people probably like your interests too. Buy or make a shirt expressing your interest, like a band t-shirt, one of your favorite tv show, movie, or film. [ Itty Bitty Story: I was wearing a twenty one pilots shirt to school, and this girl came up to me, and she said, "Oh my god, I love that band!" and we then got indulged into a very deep conversation about Twenty One Pilots, and found we had other similar music interests, as well! Now, she's my best friend💕 ] Middle school is where everyone's outfits start to change, so why not make yours change for the better, and make a few new friends?