My Opinion on Celebrities

-

Warning: If you cannot handle opinions, please skip the chapter. I didn't do this to start an argument. Sorry if I don't feel as strongly as you do if your idol or something is listed here. I'm spilling my motherfucking tea.

-Taylor Swift
I feel like I'm kinda the only person in the world who doesn't like her. I don't mind her music at all. Some songs are actually pretty catchy, but there's just some characteristic about her that I cannot stand. I think she's done some pretty overdramatic stuff in the name of copyright, including the whole fiasco with her Etsy fans. She's also trademarked a bunch of lyrics and phrases from songs, and I hate to break it to her, but Bastille had the album 'Bad Blood' first. She's also slutshamed quite a few times, which I'm fully against. I just don't believe someone should be judged based on the clothes they wear. I don't hate her with every fiber of my being, but I'm not exactly her biggest fan. 1/10

-Halsey
I love a lot of her songs. I don't think she's anything groundbreaking, but her lyrics are great and I love her style of song. She's strong for women's rights and she's made many tweets/saying directly to fans to love their body. She speaks her mind but doesn't directly try to hurt anyone. She doesn't take herself too seriously, which I love. I love it when celebrities have a bit of childish fun and don't think that they're the center of the universe. She's also made a bunch of statements for LGBT, claiming people should be comfortable with their sexuality. 8/10

-Nicki Minaj
Fucking queen. Her lines during 'Monster' was the only part that I liked the song. She's a bit out there at times, but she's not trying to hurt anybody. To her younger fans, she preaches how important education and she constantly implores her audience to stay in school. Most of the people that hate her overlook these things, and just focus on the fact that she sings about sex (as if not everybody else on the radio does today). She's also known to express how important female friendship is and is constantly quick to congratulate and promote others on their achievements. Love her. 9.5/10.

-Jacob Sartorius/Saggytits/Sarthritis (I don't know his actual last name leave me alone)
N o p e . -99999999/10.

-The Kardashians
Some of the things they've said irritate me, but I don't really hate them. I do however hate a lot of things that Caitlin has said. I'm not transphobic. I'm glad that she now is in a position where she's comfortable with her identity, and I'm proud that she's stood against quite a bit of hate, but I don't like her as a person. I don't really care for the lot of them, and I've seen one or two of the episodes, but they're nothing groundbreaking. 4/10.

-Jennifer Lawerence
To me, the Hunger Games book series had a lot of potential, and I was afraid the movies would give them a bad outlook. At this time, I didn't really know much about Jennifer Lawerence; I hadn't seen any of her earlier films, and I was kind of reluctant about going to the first movie. My friends dragged me and persuaded me with the promise of popcorn and soda, and I gave in. The movie was amazing. Jennifer Lawerence is incredibly talented, and she played the character Katniss amazingly. I recently saw Mockingjay Part 2, and her performance was incredible. She certainly lives up to the hype, and I'm so glad she was cast as Katniss, and how I've been able to learn more about her and her other films. 10/10.

-Justin Beiber
(If you like him, stop reading NOW.)
   -cracks knuckles- I've never  liked him. His whole "Anne Frank House experience" tweet made me upset, to begin with. He compared himself to Kurt Cobain, which kinda makes me want to throw up. I'd gladly sacrifice Justin Beiber to get Kurt Cobain back. He's got an insane temper, whereas every other celebrity is smart enough to be calm to the press. Not him, he just fuels them and has temper tantrums like a toddler. He's publically called The Beatles a "crap band," whereas he can't even hold a candle to their talent. There's also this smug characteristic and his massive ego that irritates me to my core. -99999999999999999999999/10.

-Lady Gaga
She's a very interesting character. I've heard her music all while growing up, and her creativity astounds me. What I love about her is how caring she is. She's not caring for publicity. She just genuinely cares about people. One of the things that I love about her is that she has a partnership with UNICEF, an organization working for children's rights and emergency relief. She's also donated $1million to the Hurricane Sandy relief. She's also so sweet to her fans and has even hired a few of them based on talent. At meet-ups, she handed out free food to the crowds waiting in line. She's so beautiful and inspiring. 8/10.

-Kanye West
As you guys know, I'm not a fan of Taylor Swift. I don't like her at all, but what he said to was completely disrespectful, and that pegged my opinion of him down. He's cocky and has a huge ego. I can't find anything likable about him. 0/10.

-Melissa McCarthy
The first role I knew her as was when she played the chef, Sookie, in Gilmore Girls. I instantly fell in love with her character. She makes every movie she stars in. Identity Thief, Bridesmaids, Tammy, Pretty Ugly People, St. Vincent. She's so talented and hilarious. 10/10.

_

currently bracing myself because I know a bunch of hardcore fans are going to attack me. oh well.

QOTD: What's one trend that you aren't gonna miss?

AOTD: that goddamn blue and black/gold and white dress

-