Chapter 5: Found Out Secrets

(Devon POV)

Three days. It has been three days since the incident and my mate still hasn't woken up. We got him back to the house and stitched up in time to stop the bleeding and to prevent any infection but he had still lost a lot of blood, and him being really underweight didn't help the matter. My mate was lying on the hospital bed that we had in the infirmary section of the pack house.

He breathing was normal now but his face was pale and his eyes looked sunken. Besides that he could pass off as sleeping but I knew better. I hadn't been able to shift back in those three days because Asher was still on edge and my pack mates have not been able to get close to me either.

I laid my large head on the side of my mate's bed like I had done so many times already and waited. He needed to wake up and be ok. I had only known him for one night but he already had me wrapped around his finger. I licked my mate's hand and let out a small whimper when I got no response.

I laid there in the sad silence when the door burst open and an irritated looking Alexander came barging into the room. Alexander was one of the newer wolfs in my pack but he was very strong. Alexander was the youngest of the group and he was very hardheaded and stubborn. He didn't have a mate yet but that was expected with how old he was, only seventy three or so, and we werewolves live close to a thousand years. Alexander has light brown hair and very green eyes.

I looked up at him and growled slightly, but not as much as I would have if it were someone else. I had a little soft spot for Alexander with him being the youngest. Alexander rolled his eyes at me and crossed his arms.

"You seriously haven't changed back yet?" he scolded.

"I do not have Asher fully under control yet so I cant," I told him with a hard look, I did not like his tone.

Alexander sighed and rubbed his face. "You should at least eat something then," he tried. "You haven't eaten anything in the last three days."

"I cant leave my mate," I insisted, "he's hurt, I've only known him for one night, our bond isn't strong enough yet and I don't want him to wake up and be scared." I lowered my head in sadness. "I don't even know his name," I admitted.

Alexander's eyes got sad a moment before they brightened again. He looked at me with a mischievous glace. "I'll make you a deal, you better be listening too Asher. If you change back, take a bath, and get something to eat then I will tell you your mates name."

My head perked up at this information, "You know my mates name?" I asked curiously. He nodded a yes and I was in his face in a second. "How? And what is his name? Tell me!" I almost pleaded.

"He had a wallet on him," Alexander explained. "No money or credit cards in it but he had a school ID. His name is Q-" Alexander cut himself off. "Uh uh. You aren't getting it out of me that easily. You need to hold up your end of the deal," he said pointing an accusing finger at me.

I grumbled slightly but Asher calmed down enough to let me shift back. My bones popped and my muscles reformed and soon I was standing straight again. I rolled my shoulders and rubbed the back of my neck with my hand. Alexander handed me a pair of shorts and left the room.

I pulled on the baggy basketball shorts and headed to the bathroom that was connected to the room my mate was in. I would have to eat in the kitchen but I was going to spend the most amount of time as close to my mate as I could get. Walking into the bathroom I flicked on the light and looked in the mirror and was shocked.

I was filthy. My black hair was so dirty that it looked like it was a dark brown and my eyes weren't as bright as they usually were due to lack of sleep. When I am in my wolf form I have two blue eyes but when I am in human form one of my eyes turns red. It is the mark of the Alpha. There was also stubble on my sharp jawline and by breath tasted horrible in my mouth.