Chapter 17: The Dilemma

(Devon POV)

I was starting to wake and I was warmer then usual. Not a bad warm but a comfortable, good kind warm. Like the kind of warm you get when you are slightly chilly and you go to sit by the fireplace with your favorite blanket wrapped around your shoulders. One of my arms was wrapped around something and the other had a slight weight on it and something was pressed against my chest.

I moved slightly before fluttering my eyes opened to see Quinn snuggled into my chest with a soft smile. He was still asleep and he had his head tucked under my chin while I had my arm around his waist and he was using my other arm as a pillow. His hair was all messed up and he couldn't look more beautiful.

While Quinn was sleeping I looked him over with love but also slight worry. I had marked him and I was over joyed about that, but now he was going to shift into his true form. Usually shifters shift for their first time when they are ten and because Quinn is sixteen I didn't know how safe it was. Pushing that thought aside for now I let myself smile as I watched my wonderful mate.

Knowing that Quinn was starting to wake up I leaned over and pressed a soft kiss on his forehead, then on his nose, and on both cheeks, just like I had done last night. I continued to kiss all over his face until he was fully awake. Quinn smiled and his eyes fluttered open. I could tell he was studying me as I was studying him earlier and I smiled fondly down at him.

Glancing at Quinn's lips I leaned down and planted a soft kiss on them and Quinn was kissing me back after a millisecond. After a while of kissing I pulled back and glanced down at the mark that I had given him. Quinn saw me looking and he reached up to feel the uneven skin for the first time. I knew that Quinn would feel the tingles when he touched the mark but I wanted to touch it too, just to make sure that that really happened, that he was really mine.

Gently, I removed his hand and softly ran my fingers over the mark. Quinn gasped in pleasure and I gave him a cocky smirk. I knew he would react like that and it pleased me to no end to see him in pleasure.

"Good morning beautiful," I spoke to him in my deep morning voice. He shivered at the sound of my voice and wrapped his slim arms around my neck, pulling me closer to him to nuzzle into my neck with affection.

"Morning," he mumbled back in a tired voice that sent shivers up my back. It seems like we both effect each other greatly, thought I should know that. If Quinn asked me to do anything, I would most likely do it.

We stayed in the bed for a while after that, just being happy in each other's presence and just trying to wake up fully. It was about nine thirty but hey, I needed my sleep. Werewolf don't tend to sleep a lot though, Golems on the other hand, sleep a TON. I wonder how that will affect Quinn?

While I was pondering that Quinn sat up and stretched his arms above his head, giving me a great view of his chest and stomach. I was soon sitting up too and I gave Quinn one last peck on the lips before slipping out of bed. We were both still naked and as I made my way to the bathroom I could feel his eyes on my butt, but I didn't comment. If he wanted to look, then he can. I'm all his, and he is all mine.

Entering the bathroom I closed the door and used the toilet. After I was finished I just grabbed some clothes from the floor that looked clean and slipped them on. I grabbed my toothbrush and was just about to start brushing my teeth when I heard Quinn faintly.

"D-D-Devon," I heard him call quietly, with his voice filled with pain. He choked out a small sob and I was bursting through the door in a second to see Quinn curled up on the bed with his face screwed up in pain.

I gently placed my hand on his back and looked him over for injuries. There were none though. I hovered over him in worry and tried to think of what to do.