Chapter 15: The Run Down

Ok, super long chapter but this chapter explains a lot of thing. Read on!!

(Devon POV)

Oh my god. Quinn was a return to ancestry. He wasn't a human or even a normal supernatural but a freaking return to ancestry. He was still clutching on to me with only one arm and he was looking at Cooper in confusion. I pulled away from his grip slightly to try to get a look at him.

He looked human, and he smelled human, so how was he a return to ancestry? He would have presented by now. As I looked at Quinn his eyes started to tear up as I pulled away from him. Shit, he probably thought I was scared of him or something since I had pulled away from him. Quinn let out a strangled sob and started crying; I let out a concerned whimper and pressed my body against his again. He latched on to me again and I let his cry into my neck.

"Go check on Isaac," I said in the link to every except for Quinn. They did as I told and I looked to Quinn as he calmed down. He slipped down to his knees but never loosened his hold on me.

I looked down on his small shaking form. How could someone this small and kind be something as powerful and dangerous as a return to ancestry? Leaning down I licked the tear track off of his face and he nuzzled into my cheek as I did.

"Lets get you back to the pack house to get you looked after," I told him gently as I laid down on the ground next Quinn, "I'll carry you," he looked like he was about to pass out and he was losing blood form what I assumed was a scratch on his hand, though I couldn't be sure because he had it wrapped in his shirt.

He reached up and swung his leg over my back and slowly hauled himself on. I stood slowly, not wanting to knock him off, but I still felt his start to sway. He leaned down until he was fully laying on my back and I could feel just hoe boney and underweight he was.

I glanced over my shoulder at Quinn to see he as really pale and his eyes were starting to flutter closed. "Don't fall asleep," I told him as we started making out way to the pack house.

We made our way through the forest as quickly as we could with our hurt pack members. After what seemed like an eternity we made it to the pack house and I brought Quinn directly to the infirmary. Quinn slowly slid off of my back and flopped down on the medical bed. I watched him with a worried look and heard Stephanie enter.

We all had medical experience but Stephanie was the best, especially when it came to humans because she was one.

"Hey there sweetie, let's take a look at you shall we?" she asked Quinn with a small smile.

Quinn glanced over to me with a worried look that confused me. Why was he worried? I was in wolf form and he wasn't scared of Stephanie, so what was the problem?

"Devon," Liam called through the link to me, "Cooper is willing to explain what is going on and I think it would be best to hear him out as soon as possible."

"What do you think we should do?" I asked Asher.

He was silent. He was probably still processing the new information. I sighed internally and looked to Quinn. I really didn't want to be away from him but I needed to know what was going on.

"Quinn, I have to go deal with something. Meet me back in our room when you're done, ok?" I told him. He nodded an ok and he took on a slight relieved expression. I would have to ask him what that was all about later.

Making my way out of the room I went to my office where no doubt Liam would have taken Cooper. This was a matter of utmost importance and we had to treat it like so. I made a quick stop at my room to shift and put on clothes then I rushed to my office.