Chapter 35: The Last Week

Quinn POV

I don't know if I'm happy this is the last week or fucking pissed. This whole week Devon and I have had to hole up in our room, after we had got a new door installed of course, and I had to have the cubs within arms reach the whole time or my wolf would go on a rampage. I was on day six and I had gotten no sleep since I had passed out on the first day after all of the stress with the cubs, so I was more then grumpy. We have to have food brought up to us since I refuse to leave the room, and Devon and the Cub's are taking this like champs.

The cubs were more then happy to stay by my side and cuddle up to me as I showered them in attention and love the whole week, and Devon wasn't left out from that. Even though I was fat and grumpy I made sure that I was as nice as I could be to my family, but I had to hold myself back from snapping at them a few times.

Malan is also here right now, in the house I mean, and he has had to brave coming in the room a few times to make sure I was ok and nothing hurt, but I absolutely did not let him touch me. My Grandfather was also in the pack house still as he tried to get closed to his Mate, and I have heard from Devon that Carlyle managed to atone to Adaulfo and he was accepted again. I was happy for my brother but right now I was just miserable. Since I was so close to the due date I wasn't allowed to eat until after the birth was over.

The Cubs, as humans, and Devon were sitting at the foot of the bed eating BLT's while I lay on my side, in wolf form, and watched them. It was just warmer and I felt safer in wolf form, but I would have to give birth in human form but for now I was going to stay as a wolf. Devon would glance up at me every so often to see me watching them and he reached up and rubbed my head after a while of that.

"I know you're hungry, but you know you can't eat until the birth. Once the birth is over you can eat as much as you want. I promise," he whispered and I licked his hand and rested my head back down.

Once the cubs finished eating their dinner they crawled up on the bed and buried their faces into my sides, but I nudged Coda's face up and licked off the crumbs from his cheeks. He giggled and pushed my face away as he wiped off the slobber and went back to leaning into my side with a content sigh. Devon shifted and hopped up onto the bed and he nudged Ox to lay by his brother. Flopping on my side with the cubs at my chest Devon wrapped himself around all of up and rested his head on top of mine as he surrounded me completely and the cubs started to snore as they fell asleep. The sun had set on the sixth day so I rested my eyes as the rest of my family got some shuteye

.

.

.

.

.

.

A piercing pain shot through me in the middle of the night forcing me to sit up and whimper. I had jostled Devon awake as he stood up and whined as he liked my muzzle. The pain was gone a second after it came so I settled back down, and so did Devon after a minute. Right as I started to relax again another pain shot through me and I sat up again with a whimper, and this time the pain lingered for a bit longer. Devon sat up again and this time I woke up the pups too and they looked to us with confusion in their sleepy eyes.

An urge to shift washed over me, so I did and I laid panting on the bed as a human and Devon laid over me to keep me warm, "Are you ok Quinn? What happened?"

Wiping a bit of sweat from my brow I laid limp, "I just had my first contrations," I said breathily, "The pups are going to be here soon," I whined. Devon's eyes got wide and he looked frantic as he jumped off of me and ran to the door as he sifted.