Chapter 7: The Plan and A Pack

(Devon POV)

I smiled to myself slightly as Stephanie and I put the finishing touches on the plan that we came up with to get Quinn to not be afraid of men, or to at least not be afraid of me.

I hurried to the kitchen to prepare for step one of our plan. Step 1: Get Quinn confortable around me. I entered the kitchen and started getting things out quickly to make my mate some food. Chris peaked his head in and his eyes widened when he saw me attempting to cook and quickly rushed over.

I was trying to crack some eggs into as bowl and I was getting more shell in the bowl then egg when Chris snatched the bowl away from me.

"What are you doing?" he asked with curiosity. "Last time you tried to cook something you caught the drapes on fire and made something that not even El would eat, and he eats everything!"

I reached for the bowl but he moved it form my reach and I pouted slightly at him. "I'm trying to make food for my mate," I explained trying to snatch the bowl again.

"Then why don't you let me help you?" Chris offered.

"Are you sure? You don't have to," I told him. I really did need help but I didn't want to force him to do it if he didn't want to.

"Leave it to me," he said as he dumper out the bowl of shells and egg into the sink. He pushed me out of the kitchen and pointed towards the plates. "Put some plates and a cup on the platter so I have something to put the food on when its done."

I nodded and pouting slightly I did as he told. Him and I both knew that if I tried to help out with the food at all it would indefinitely become inedible very quickly. By the time that I had laid out all of the plates Chris had already finished the food and was placing serving it, and it looked really good; eggs, cheese, bacon, sausage, toast and orange juice.

I smiled happily at Chris and thanked him and rushed off to the room Quinn was in with the tray in hand. I heard the shower still running so I quickly entered the room and placed the platter on the table. I then positioned myself across the room form the door but in a place that my mate would immediately see me when he left the bathroom, then I waited.

Step 1 of the plan was that I would bring him food and be in the room when he came out form the bathroom. I would act surprised when he came out so he would think it was a coincidence that I was in the room alone with him. I will then give him the food and see where it goes from there. If he gets too scared I will leave but if he lets me stay it will just make step 1 go that much faster.

The shower turned off and I prepared myself. After about five minutes the bathroom door opened and my mate came out with a towel over his head while drying his hair. When he walked out I was hit by his sent for the first time, vanilla and cherries. He must have been really dirty if I hadn't smelt that before. My mouth was watering and I just wanted to go over and scoop him up but I kept myself rooted until he noticed me.

He pulled the towel from his head and let out a surprised gasp. His eyes started to fill with fear and I put my hands out in front of me to show him that I meant no harm and when that did nothing to appease him I took a small step back.

"It's ok," I told him. I couldn't help but notice his shiver when I spoke to the face that some of the fear left his eyes.

"Are you Devon?" I asked in almost a whisper.

It was almost too quiet for me to hear but I'm glad I did. He knew my name already. I smiled widely at him and he hesitantly smiled back and took a small step towards me. It was a sign of acceptance, very small yes, but there nonetheless and I was ecstatic about that.