Chapter 8: The Ride and Exposed Fears

Long a** chapter for you guys to make up for my absence lately!!

(Quinn POV)

***They are back in the infirmary right now, my last chapter was just really long. OK. READ ON*****

After I nuzzled my face in his hands I felt safe and all too soon he took his hands away slowly.  I was a little disappointed by this; I already missed his warmth and those small tingles that I felt when he was near me.

Devon leaned back in his chair and I couldn't help but let my eyes discreetly rom over his toned chest.

"So what to you remember Quinn?" he asked suddenly. "Do you remember how you got here?"

"Yes," I said quietly. I don't know if he knew about the wolf and was only seeing if I knew what was going on, or if he really didn't know. I was weary about talking about the wolf so I hesitated for a moment. I quickly decided that I could trust Devon and answered his question. "I was injured by a wolf and passed out. How did you come across me if I may ask?" I tilted my head to the side unconsciously. I was really curious about that, no one in their right mind would be out this far into the woods except for me. I knew this forest and all that went on.

His eyes filled with lust for a second but he seemed to reign it in before he could do anything.

"I was in the forest when I came across you. Are you afraid of wolfs now?" he asked with a hint of fear in his voice.

I shook my head vigorously no and that seemed to relax him as he let out a small sigh. Yes a wolf attacked me, but I just felt so safe with my wolf and the wolf that attacked me probably had a good reason.  "I actually feel really safe around dogs or even wolfs. I just connect really well with them and I really enjoy being around them." I admitted to him

He seemed to perk up when I told his that. His eyes brightened and he licked his lips before asking, "Would you like to meet some more wolfs?" he asked hesitantly.

My eyes widened in surprise, "You have wolfs, and I could meet them?" I was about to jump out of my seat with excitement at the though if meeting more wolfs. I had Devon with me so I should be safe, but I can also handle myself.

"I don't own wolfs, no," he explained, "they are more like my family. They would never hurt me or you and if you would like to I could take you to meet them right now."

My eyes were probably glowing in happiness right now. Happiness that I haven't felt in years and I nodded a firm yes. Devon seemed to zone out for a moment and I fidgeted in my seat. I wanted to see the wolves; I bet they were amazing, but not as amazing as my wolf.

Devon focused on me again, "Lets go then," he said while standing. He offered me a hand and I looked at it skeptically, but only for a second. I reached and grabbed his hand softly, almost fearing that eh was going to pull away, but he did no such thing.  He had a gently grip on my hand and he pulled me up and led me from the room. I was still nervous that he would take his hand away and tell me this was all a joke and start beating me.

I quickly squashed those thoughts down and glanced at Devon. He had been nothing but kind to me and I could not help but trust him. As he led me through the house I looked around in wonder. You could probably fit four of my houses inside of his house. We soon reached a door that I could see led outside and my excitement came back ten fold.  Devon opened the door and held it for me as we walked into the large, grassy back yard that was bordered by the forest.

"You ready? Devon asked with a smile as he looked down to me.

"Yup," I said still looking into his eyes, which was a weird thing for me.