Chapter 12: Pranks Affection and Attacks

Pic of a golem!!

(Quinn POV)

I looked from Cooper to Owen in surprise. They were mates? Well, this is sure a turn of events! Cooper has never been good with these lovey dovey situations and I was not surprised at all by his action of throwing the confetti. The same could not be said for Owen and the pack.

I watched as Cooper looked to Owen shyly and Owen looked to Cooper with love. Stephanie quickly threw a pair of shorts to Owen when she saw that he was naked and he pulled them on without looking away from Cooper. Neither of them had moved much do I cleared my throat to get their attention.

They both looked to me and I gave a shy smile. "Well, lets not just stand here in the cold, why don't we go inside and talk?" I suggested.

Devon nodded in agreement and so did Cooper. I turned back to the pack house and opened the door to let everyone in.  We were soon in the living room with wolfs sprawled around the room. All of the mated pairs were together on the floor and around the room. I was on the couch with Devon on the floor. He was resting his head on my lap and I was stroking his fur softly. I looked to Cooper and Owen to find them on another couch with their sides pressed together but they were looking away from each other in embarrassment.

I gave a small chuckle and looked to Devon, "Why don't you go shift back? Then we can talk properly."

"Would it be ok for the rest of the pack to shift back too, or would you be too uncomfortable?" a smooth masculine voice asked in my head.

"Was zum Teufel? Wie geht es Ihnen in meinem Kopf?" (What the hell? How are you in my head?) I shrieked out surprised as I drew away from Devon with fear. I have never heard of this ability before and I didn't know if I liked it.

Devon let out a whimper and looked at my scared face, "I'm sorry I scared you. English please," he asked in my head again but softer this time.

"How are you in my head?" I asked in a whisper. I was afraid that he was going to say something like he could read my mind. I didn't like that idea at all. My head was for me and me alone to think what I please; I didn't need Devon snooping around my mind thank you very much.

"It is called a pack link," he explained, "everyone in the pack is connected through it and we can talk through it to each other. We can't read each other's mind or anything like that, it just lets us talk to each other while we are in wolf form."

"Weird," I told him. He huffed in a laugh and looked to me again.

"So can the rest of the pack shift back or would you not like that yet?" he asked again.

I took a deep breath before I answered. I would still be a little weary out of habit but I think I would be ok. "They can shift back too if they want to," I told Devon with and affirmative nod more for my sake then his.

He nodded and ok and seemed to be speaking through the link again. After a second the pack all stood and left the room leaving me, Owen, Cooper and Stephanie in the room because we were either human or in human form already. After a few minutes the pack slowly started to trickle back into the living room in their human forms.

They seemed to ignore me but that was because they could tell I was getting nervous. I knew they weren't going to even think about hurting me but old habits die hard. I was so focused on trying to stay calm that I didn't notice Devon until he was on the couch scooping me up into his arms and placing me on his lap. He had his arms around my waist in a loving but protective way. I tilted my head back to look at him and saw his thick black hair was messed up but in a sexy way and his mismatched eyes were focused on me.