Chapter 14: Marking

Pic of Quinn's hand (Except for it's supposed to be the left hand. Eh what cha gonna do)

2 chapters in 1 day! Who is the best? I'M THE BEST!!

*****PLEASE READ!!!***** It gets a tiny bit M rated in this chapter. You can skip over it if you like, it won't effect the story too much, but whatever. Read on!

(Quinn POV)

I had no idea what was going on. Apparently I wasn't a human but a very power supernatural creature. I looked to Cooper in confusion to see that he hands over his mouth like he didn't mean to say that. He had an ashamed look in his eye and everyone was frozen.

I was still clutching on to Devon but I felt him pull away from me slightly to take a better look at me. My eyes started to tear up; he probably thought I was a dangerous monster.

A freak.

I thought I was a freak. I let my tears fall and I let out a choked sob. Devon let out a worried whimper and pressed his chest against me trying to comfort me. I was glad he wasn't scared of me and was still willing to comfort me.

After a minute of crying I fell to my knees in exhaustion. Devon nudged my face with his nose and gave me a soft lick to wipe away the tear track on my face. I nuzzled into him and let out a shuddering breath, trying to clam down.

"Lets get you back to the pack house to get you looked after," Devon said gently as he lay down next to me. "I'll carry you."

I reached up and managed to swing my leg over his back and hold on softly. Devon stood up slowly but I still felt myself starting to sway. My left hand was wound up in my shirt to slow the bleeding but I was still losing a lot of blood. I leaned down until I was lying on Devon's back and my eyes started fluttering.

Devon looked over his shoulder at me, "Don't fall asleep," he told me as he started walking. My eyes were hazy but I could make out the shapes of wolfs around us. Isaac, still knocked out, was draped over Masons back with Eli worrying about him.

I so wanted to fall asleep but I knew that Devon was right. If I fell asleep I might go into a coma or fall off of Devon, and that was not a short fall. We eventually made it back to the pack house and I was soon in the infirmary that I woke up in. I slid off of Devon's back and lay on the bed. Devon looked at me worried as Stephanie came rushing in.

"Hey there sweetie, let's take a look at you shall we?" she said with a small smile.

I looked at her worried then to Devon. I didn't want Devon to see. What if he left me because I was weak and damaged like Coopers pack did? I wouldn't be able to handle it.

As if God heard my worry Devon spoke to me through the link, "Quinn, I have to go deal with something. Meet me back in our room when you're done, ok?"

I nodded my head in an ok, not trusting my voice. He rushed out of the room and it was only Stephanie and I left. She looked to my hand that was still wrapped in my shirt and gently grabbed my wrist. She slowly unwrapped the material from my hand to see what she was dealing with.

I whimpered and looked away when I saw it. My pinky was totally gone and at the base where it was ripped off was a mangled mess of tissue, bone and blood. I saw Stephanie go pale as she saw what was wrong. Once the shirt was off though it started to bleed again so she didn't have much time to ogle.

She cut off the pieces of tissue that were beyond repair and soon was stitching my hand back together. She made it so there wasn't an open wound like before then wrapped it up with gauze. My middle and ring fingers were bruised form being held so tight but they would be fine. I gently cradled my hand to my chest and looked down at my lap.