Chapter 31: Facts and Revelations

Quinn's POV

I sighed tiredly as I lay on Devon and mines bed with my arm thrown over my eyes as I got a moment of piece of quiet. My swollen two-month pregnant stomach bulged from under Devon's shirt that I'm borrowing because almost none of my own fit me anymore. These past two months have been a blur of vitamins, vomiting, hormones, mood swings and sore feet and lower back; all in all, not my favorite thing. Since the attack with the vampires the cubs haven't given me a moments rest, they would barely leave me alone enough for me to go to the bathroom in peace.

Fortunately for me I had managed to convince them to go with Devon as he messed around with them in the back yard in their wolf and bear forms. Don't get me wrong, the cubs love Devon, but they feel like it is their responsibility to watch over me in my pregnancy; but I have enough people doing that, the list is long and full. As I started to relax my muscles started to relax as I melted into the bed but they tightened right back up when someone knocked on the door loudly.

I growled in annoyance and didn't move from my spot on the bed. I had closed the door for a reason and I didn't want to see anyone right now, but the door opened slightly anyway as Cooper peaked in shyly. Sitting up with caution I looked Cooper over; Cooper is a lot of things but shy wasn't one of those things. Something was wrong.

"Quinn, can I talk to you?" Cooper asked hesitantly as he played with his fingers.

Motioning him in quickly I propped myself up on the headboard as he scrambled onto the bed and sat next to me, but not touching me. Cooper looked down to his hands that were placed in his lap as he sat quietly. He was seriously starting to worry me; if he was quiet then it must be something big.

"Spill," I commanded softly but with an edge that left him no room to back out.

His fidgeting started up again and he bit his lip nervously. Still not looking at me he reached up to his shirt collar and hooked his finger in it as he pulled it away from his neck. I leaned over a bit to see a clear mating mark bright on his neck. A smile pushed onto my face as I gave Cooper a tight side hug, since I couldn't really get up right now.

"Congratulations Cooper!" I squealed as I squirmed around, "When?" I asked with mischief in my voice.

"A couple days ago," he muttered, "I was going to tell you sooner but you've been so stressed that I left you alone."

"Cooper, you can always tell me anything! You're my best friend and the uncle to my children!" I beamed at his gloomy look. If he was showing me that he was marked then why was he so gloomy? "Hey, what's wrong?" I asked softly as I rubbed his arm.

He kept a stony expression for a second before it shattered and he burst out into tears. Astonished, I pulled back from him and looked him over for what in the world could be wrong.

"I-I-I'm," he stumbled as he sniffled and covered his face with his hands, "Quinn, I-I-I'm," he couldn't even get his words out he was crying so hard.

Worried beyond words I pulled his face into the crook of my neck. He pressed in close and wrapped his arms around me as he continued to cry and my hands rubbed circles on his back, "Calm down Cooper. I'll understand what ever you have to tell me, I promise. Do you want me to call Owen up here?" I offered in hopes of it making him feel better, but he just stiffened and shook his head no. "Why not Cooper? Please tell me," I pleaded.

His sniffles lessened and he pulled back as he wiped the stray tears from his eyes, "Don't tell Owen please, I don't know how he will react," Cooper sniffled.

I nodded ok and motioned for him to continue.

Cooper took a deep calming breath and looked me in the eye, "I'm pregnant Quinn," my breath caught and he continued to ramble in desperation, "We mated and it was all ok but then I started to feel weird and a little sick, then I saw the pregnancy tests and I thought 'I'll just do it for shits and giggles' and then it was positive. Positive Quinn, what do I do? What will Owen think? Will he be happy? Angry? Will he kick me out? I-I-I," He sucked a shuttering breath, "What do I do Quinn?"