Chapter 34: Malan To The Rescue

Here you go my Kittens!!! Here is the next chapter, so stop those tears!!!

Quinn POV

(Still in German)

As I waited for the blow I heard Devon shout in fear before the hand made contact with my head. Expecting pain I cringed away slightly but the hand was just gently rubbing between my ears and on my muzzle. My instincts were screaming at me to not let this man touch me but I was to done with my life to care, so I just let the Alpha gently rub my head.

"Do you know who I am little one?" he asked gently as his hand continued to stroke my fur.

"No," I muttered.

"I'm your grandfather," he told me softly and my ears perked up a bit, but other then that I remained still, "Your mother was my adopted daughter. I had taken her in after her family was killed and once she was mated to that evil Golem, she had you. I was never even allowed to even hold you since that creature was always casing me off but I'm here now to make sure that you are being treated to way you should be and I'm so sorry that I haven't done this for you sooner. Now, you must listen closely. You are in your last week of pregnancy so you need to be resting and when I tell you this you have to remain calm. You promise?" he asked as he stopped his stroking and sat back on his heels.

I looked him over and slowly nodded my understanding, "I'll be calm," I promised in a half dead tone.

He took a deep breath and looked me in the eye, "I did not kill your cubs, and your cubs aren't dead, at least not one of them," he told me straight out and I shot up into a sitting position as I looked him over for any sign of lying, and when I didn't see any my tail started to wag a bit.

"Do you have them? Where are they?" I asked desperately as I had to keep myself from running into the forest to find them myself.

Adaulfo looked behind him and whistled a shrilly to one wolf who perked up and trotted into the forest as another one came forward, "You said that there was fur there, yes?" he asked as he watched me.

I nodded impatiently as I looked into the forest as I searched for any sign of the cubs, but Adaulfo stood in front of me and got my attention, "You see this wolf?" he asked and I had glanced over to the wolf that had approached us and I was a bit surprised to see that he had thick and light brown fur.

Just like the cubs, same color and everything.

"Well, he got a good bunch of his fur pulled out but a particularly stubborn vampire and I think that is the fur that you were seeing, not the cubs," he explained and I nodded mutely as I sat still in anticipation.

Footsteps could be heard approaching us from the forest and my head snapped up to see a large she wolf carrying Coda, as a cub, in her jaw by the scruff of his neck. He was flailing and struggling as he tried to get out of her grip and I sat frozen. Coda's nose flared and his head snapped over to me and his efforts doubled as his eyes connected to mine. Before the she wolf could set Coda down I pushed past Adaulfo and ran to the she wolf who was too busy trying to focusing on keeping a hold on the struggling cub to notice my approach. When I was right in front of her she glanced up and jumped in fear as she growled.

That triggered my instincts again as I lowered my body to the ground and growled savagely, making her back up as she kept growling. "Aria!" the Alpha shouted with worry and caution, "He is just in his last month of pregnancy and his instincts are taking over. Just set down the cub and step away!" he commanded, but the she wolf was too nervous to hear her Alpha as she continued to back away from me.

My instincts were screaming that she was trying to take my cub away from me again and I launched forward with a growl. She yelped in fear and dropped Coda as she dashed away. Coda scrambled to me once he was free and I ran to him. He pressed his shaking body into my chest and I nuzzled into his small body as I whimpered in fear and happiness. Coda was chuffing in stress as he pushed his small body as close to me as I could and I looked up to Adaulfo who was watching me with caution. I know he was on edge because his she wolf was in danger, I had heard from Devon just how rare they were, there were only a handful of she wolves left in the world and female humans have a hard time carrying pups or anything of the sort, so the werewolf community is dominated by males.