Chapter 10: Friend or Foe?

Pic of Quinn

Oh my gosh, I was really starting to freak out. I was surrounded by a bunch of men, Devon was nowhere in sight and neither were any of the wolves from last night and even Stephanie wasn't here to help me! I had backed myself into a corner, literally, and was more scared then when my brother and father cornered me. My brother and father gave pretty harsh beatings but there were only two of them, not nine like there was now.

I had my back pressed firmly into the corner with my arms wrapped around my legs and I could feel the panic attack coming on. I heard the door burst open but I kept my eyes on the group surrounding me, not trusting them at all right now. I knew I was crying but I didn't want to admit it, I was just too scared for words right now.

When I heard and animalistic snarl I dared to look away from the men and I was glad I did. I saw Asher behind them and he looked both furious and scared. The group gave me some more room when Asher snarled and I could breathe a little easier. My eyes et his and my tears started coming faster out of relief. There was no way that I would be hurt when Asher was here with me. With a choked sob I reached my arms out to him and he rushed over to me and pressed his large body against mine. I latched on to him for dear life and continued crying.

"Asher, lassen Sie sie nicht tat ​​mir weh,"  (Translation: Asher, don't let them hurt me) I whimpered in a pleading voice. "Ich will nicht noch mehr verletzt werden. Ich werde gut sein und tun, was sie sagen, nur Lassen Sie sie mich verletzt." (I don't want to be hurt anymore. I will be good and do what they say; just don't let them hurt me.)

***Ok so what I am going to do is I will translate the German right when Quinn says it when it is in Quinn's POV because he knows what he is saying, but when it is in Devon's POV I will put it in the end of the chapter because he doesn't know what Quinn is saying. Hope it isn't too confusing. Please tell me if it is and I will change it***

I knew I was still speaking German but it was what I did when I was afraid and I wasn't about to stop now. I felt Asher nuzzle the top of my head to comfort me and I looked up to him shyly.

"Wo ist Devon?" (Where is Devon) I asked softly, "oder der Rest der Packung? Wer sind all diese Leute?"(or the rest of the pack? Who are all of these people?)

His ears perked up when I said Devon but I knew that he had no idea what I was saying to him. As I looked at Asher the door was thrown open again and I looked up to see a very sleepy looking Stephanie. She looked irritated until she realized just what was going on

"Stephanie!" I called out relieved when he saw another friendly face, "Wer sind all diese Menschen?"(Who are these people) I asked as my eyes still flicked around the room. Asher's body mostly hid me but I was still nervous, I didn't know what these people were capable of.

"Quinn sweetie, you need to calm down," she told me in a soothing voice like my mother used to have. "I do not understand what you are saying, but I want to help you. These guys will do nothing to you, they are harmless, and besides, you have Asher with you."

Still unsure about everything and running on instinct a little it took me a minute to nod on ok and try to clam down. I took a breath and tried to speak again. "W-who are all of these p-people?" I asked with a tremor in my voice. It felt weird to still be afraid and to speak English. This hasn't happened in a while and it was a big deal.

"They live here too," she answered, "and they are really nice! Just like Devon!" she told me confidently. "This is Liam and Chris," she said as they gave a polite wave and a shy smile, "and then Mason and Ryan, Alexander is over there, and next to him is Luke, then there is Isaac and Eli, and last is Owen!"