Chapter 21: Stone and Teeth

*****PS I had to change my story to Mature because of this chapter. I should have don't it before but there is no avoiding it now :P*****

(Devon POV)

I burst though the back door, fuming, with the rest of the pack following me and I instantly spotted Carlyle standing at the edge of the woods. He had his arms crossed and he looked pissed. He had no right to be pissed; I had a right to be pissed right now.

Carlyle didn't look like Quinn at all, save for the green eyes, but all golems have the green eyes. Carlyle was tall and he had a defined jaw that needed a shave. His mouth was set in a hard line and once he spotted me his eyes widened in surprise for a second as he recognized me, but went back to being mad in a second.

"Why do I detect my mates scent coming from your house?" he asked in a very thick German accent. I wonder why Quinn doesn't have an accent?

"I have him here because you cant seem to keep track of him, what kind of mate are you?" Devon asked in a mad but controlled manner. As that left my lips I could see that I pressed a button. Good.

I squared my shoulder in a dominance stance and Carlyle took a challenging step towards me and I didn't object. This was going to come down to a fight one way or another so why not get it over with? I glared at Carlyle as he approached me when Jay busted through the back door and stomped over to Carlyle. When Carlyle spotted his fuming mate he faltered and stopped advancing towards us.

"J-Jay!" he stuttered, "I'm so glad you are ok! W-why are you mad?" he asked while trying to sound tough but the stutter was evident.

Carlyle looked a bit more scared as Jay didn't falter and Carlyle put his hands up in a weak attempt to keep Jay away. Jay, to my surprise, swatted his mates' hands out of the way harshly and punched Carlyle hard in the gut. Carlyle let out a small gasp, more from surprise then pain, and Jay started hopping around and shaking his hand in pain while cussing up a storm.

If Carlyle was a golem then I knew that his body would be naturally be harder then normal human, it would be like punching a brick wall with a layer of Jell-O over it. Carlyle watched his mate in worry and he hopped around in pain. Carlyle reached out to Jay and Jay turned on him seeming to forget about his hand.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING!!" Jay yelled at his mate while shaking his finger in his face like a lecturing mother. "IS THIS WHY YOU KEPT BRINGING UP BEATINGS AND ABUSE? ARE YOU SERIUOS?" Carlyle looked at Jay confused and attempted to talk when Jay cut him off, "You beat your own brother, and you beat him so bad that he ran away?!? If he wouldn't have found a safe place here with this pack what would you have done to him? Would you have beaten him more? Would you have looked for him? Would you have ignored him? What?!?!" Jay was furious but halfway though Jays rant Carlyle looked up at Jay with new interest and a hint of anger.

"You know about Quinn? IS HE HERE?" he asked in a voice that promised danger had an underlying tone of sadness. Jay looked at Carlyle, shocked and didn't answer so Carlyle looked to me in anger. "Where is he?" he asked through clenched teeth.

I looked at him steadily, "You will not touch him," I growled to Carlyle who had a look of anger in his eyes.

"He's here?!?!" Carlyle shouted in anger, "That no good Quinn is here!?!" he yelled while sniffing the air.

"It is of no concern to you if he is here or not, though what is your concern is that you will never hurt him again!" I told him protectively. There was no way he was going to lay a hand on my mate; Quinn has been through too much already.

Carlyle tried to approach me again but Jay got in his way. Carlyle looked down to Jay and snarled at him, "MOVE!"

Jay just rolled his eyes, "Don't use that tone with me! If this is how you are going to be then I will reject you! I mean, what kind of brother would beat up his own brother?" Jay asked in anger but I could see tears in his eyes.