Chapter 16: The Change

You better be mentally prepared for this chapter my readers!! It's about to get intense!! Read on!!!

(Quinn POV)

I was on a soft bed and I was warmer then I have felt in a while, but I was extremely comfortable. Right now I wasn't really asleep but not really awake though, I was kind of in the middle. Devon has his arm wrapped around my waist and sometime in the night I had turned so we were chest to chest. My head was tucked under his chin and I was using his other arm as a pillow.

You would think with him having so much muscle that he would be hard and uncomfortable, but he made a really good pillow. I felt Devon stir slightly but I stayed in my sleep/awake state just being still. I could feel his eyes on my face and I could practically feel his smile and his happiness.

He leaned in towards me and pressed a soft kiss on my forehead, then my nose, and my cheeks and continued to pepper my face in kisses as I slowly woke up. I smiled slightly before I opened my eyes to see Devon looking to me with love and happiness. His hair was messed up from last night and from sleeping but it only added to his handsome look. His eyes still looked sleepy but they were practically glowing as he looked at me.

Once I had finished looking him over and he was finished looking me over he planted a soft kiss on my lips that I immediately responded to with fervor. We kissed for a while before Devon pulled back and focused on my shoulder. I reached up and felt the uneven skin where his mark was. When I touched it there were a few tingles but it was nothing like when Devon touched me.

Devon removed my hand gently and ran his fingers over the mark. I gasped at the feeling it was like that spot was even more sensitive to him then it was before. He smirked at me but removed his hand.

"Good morning beautiful," he said in a deep and still sleepy voice. I shivered at the sound of his voice and wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him closer to me and I nuzzled into his neck.

"Morning," I mumbled back in a much less attractive voice, yet I still felt his shiver like I had done for him.

We lay like that for a few more minutes, just trying to wake up, before I sat up and stretched my arm in the air. Devon was soon sitting next to me and he gave me one last kiss before slipping out of the bed to make his way to the bathroom. He was naked and I had to force myself to look away from his finely toned backside with a blush.

Looking down I realized that I was naked too but I didn't mind. I was more then in love with Devon and I didn't care if he saw me. After everything that he said about me last night I feel a lot better about myself around him, at east I know he isn't going to leave me because he thinks I'm ugly.

As I sat and waited for Devon to get out of the bathroom a sharp pain started up in between my shoulder blades. I gasped in pain but made no other sounds. It hurt but it wasn't unbearable. As I waited for it to go away it slowly started to get worse, and then once it started to spread was when I decided I wasn't ok and I needed help.

"D-D-Devon," I choked out with a small sob. I collapsed into the bed and the bathroom door was slammed open and Devon came rushing out, now dressed.

I curled up into a ball to try to stop the pain from spreading. It was now covering my whole back and it was making its way up mu arms and around to my chest. I felt Devon's hand on my back and I glanced up to see him hovering over me.

"What's wrong Quinn?" he asked in a panicked tone.

"There was a pain in my back and it's now spreading," I told him shakily.