Chapter 13: Protecting What's Mine

(Devon POV)

I watched Quinn as he looked from Owen to Cooper in surprise, and I looked over to them too after a minute. Owen was looking at his mate fondly and Cooper was looking away with a slight blush on his cheeks. Owen was covered in confetti but he didn't seem to care.

"Congrats man!" I said through the link to him. He didn't seem to hear me and kept staring at his mate. After a moment Stephanie pulled out a pair of shorts that she carried around for these exact situations and threw them to Owen who was naked.

Being naked really didn't faze us, it was just part of being a werewolf, but I'm glad she gave him shorts. Owen and his mate hadn't moved much and no one really knew what to do next when I heard Quinn clear his throat to get every ones attention.

We all looked over to him and he seemed nervous by the sudden attention but spoke shyly and softly, "Well, lets not just stand here in the cold, why don't we go inside and talk?" he suggested while playing with his hands.

I nodded in agreement and Cooper did too. Quinn turned to the house and led the group to the back door and held to door for everyone. Owen was not leaving Coopers side but Cooper didn't seem bothered by this too much. The pack was soon spread out through the living room still in wolf form. I waited for Quinn to enter and when he did he sat on the couch. Once he was sitting I sat at his feet and rested my large head on his lap. His hands immediately went to my ears and he slowly started petting them.

I closed my eyes and just enjoyed the sparks that were humming through my body at his touch. Quinn gave a small chuckle and I opened my eyes. He looked to me, "Why don't you go shift back? Then we can talk properly," he said with a fond smile.

"Would it be ok for the rest of the pack to shift back too, or would you be too uncomfortable?" I asked him through the link.

His eyes widened with surprise and fear."Was zum Teufel? Wie geht es Ihnen in meinem Kopf?" he said shrieking as he drew his whole body away from me with fear.

I whimpered. I had forgot that I have never told him about the link before and never used it before. I can't believe how dumb I am! I looked to him and spoke again but a lot more timid. "I'm sorry I scared you," I said honestly, "English please."

"How are you in my head?" he asked with a small whimper. He looked like he was about to cry from fear.

"It is called a pack link," I explained slowly, not wanting to scare him any more, "everyone in the pack is connected through it and we can talk through it to each other. We can't read each other's mind or anything like that, it just lets us talk to each other while we are in wolf form."

"Weird," Was what he said after I was done. I huffed in laughter and looked to Quinn again. He looked a lot les scared.

"So can the rest of the pack shift back or would you not like that yet?" I asked again. I knew the pack wanted to be back in their human forms but they knew that it would make Quinn nervous so they refrained from asking.

He took a deep breath before answering. "They can shift back too if they want to," he said with and affirmative nod with resolution in his eyes.

I nodded back and spoke through the link to the pack. "If you want to change back you can. Just leave the room and get dressed before you come back, and be calm. I don't know how well Quinn will handle it but he is willing to try to be with us."

No one answered back but soon all of the wolves were leaving the room to change. I stood up too and headed to my room quickly, I didn't want to leave Quinn alone. I knew he was safe but I just needed to be near him.