Chapter 28: Our Luna

Devon POV

Quinn had just signaled that he left when the back door slammed closed and the cubs came into our bedroom with sad and lost expressions as their heads hung low and they didn't look me in the eye. Letting out a sigh I crouched down in front of them as I waited for them to look to me. Slowly, they glanced up with sad eyes and I opened my arms to them and they didn't hesitate to throw themselves into my arms and burry their faces into my shoulders. My arms came around them as I held them close.

"Why is Daddy mad at us?" the cub on my right asked with a sniffle as he tried not to cry.

My arms tightened slightly, "Daddy doesn't hate you two, I'm positive. Daddy has just had a rough life and he needs some time to himself, he is going through a lot right now," I told the sad cubs and myself. I needed to assure myself as much as them that Quinn is just under a lot of stress and is still trying to get used to being around a lot of people.

"Will he come back?" The other asked quietly, as if he feared the answer.

"Yes," I answered instantly, "he will be back before tonight."

They nodded in understanding as I gave them one last squeeze and picked them up gently. With the two cubs I went down the stairs and into the empty living room to flop down on the sofa. The cubs were still pouting on my shoulders, so I poked the one on the left in the side with my finger, making him giggle. He tried to hold it in but he couldn't when I poked him again. He giggled and tried to push my hand away futilely as I poked and ran my fingers up his sides.

He squealed in joy as he tried to swat my hands away and squirm away. The other cub removed his head from my shoulder to watch the processions and he smiled at the assault of his brother. Eyeing the other one I turned my attack onto him suddenly and he yelped in surprise before he too burst out into giggles and tried to scramble away. The cub that I had released jumped from my lap as he escaped so I turned my full attention to the cub still in my lap.

Yelling and laughing he could barely gasp for breath and right before I was about to stop my assault the other cub come from no where and jumped into my back as he wrapped his arms around my neck and growled playfully. Jumping off I made sure he didn't fall off as I grabbed the back of his shirt and tossed him onto the couch along with his brother. He bounced once on his back before they both jumped to the ground and charged at me, but I growled loudly, but not meanly, and they both squealed with large smiles and ran in another direction. Giving chase I let them stay just in front of me as I swiped for them in fake attempts to grab at them.

"Split up!" one ordered and they immediately broke off into two different directions and I started to chase one, then I switched to the other.

I managed to get them into the corner and I slowly came at them with exaggerated steps and my arms out wide so they had no chance of escape. They were smiling widely as they pressed into the corner and clutched at each other. Roaring I raised my arms up and curled my fingers to look like claws. They squealed and right before I was about to grab them something fluffy hit me on the back of the head and I froze with a smile still on my face.

"Stop! In the name of Super Uncle!" A cheery voice declared.

Here we go.

My head turned to see Cooper striking a pose as he looked into the distance and held another pillow in his hand and one under his arm. As I looked away the cubs ducked around me and hid behind Cooper as they peaked around his legs at me. Cooper ruffled their hair and handed them each a pillow.

"Arm yourselves my young apprentices! Prank training starts now! First prank in the book, PILLOW FIGHTS!" He yelled as he hurled another pillow at my face. I dodged and made my way towards them with playful growls.