Chapter 23: The Day After...

Ok announcement time. I'm going to do Quinn's POV unless they are apart then I will do Devon's POV and Quinn's POV. There will be a lot less repeating that way and I think the story will be smoother. Read on!!

When I woke up all I could feel was warmth. Not overwhelming warmth that you just need to get out of in a panic, but a nice warm that you never want to leave. I snuggled into the warmth more and cracked open my eye to see it was Devon, or more precisely, his chest. Smiling, I closed my eyes again and let out a satisfied sigh. I was just lying with my eyes closed, not really asleep but not awake either as I listened to Devon breath slowly. He had his arms around me with his chin on top of my head and with out legs tangled together.

As I lay for a while I could hear Devon's breathing start to pick up as he was slowly waking up. I stayed still and pretended to be asleep, wanting to see what he would do. He started to stir and he let out a large yawn. His chin was removed from the top of my head and he was still for a second before he gently kissed the top of my head and slowly untangled himself from me.

He shifted to the edge of the bed and I peaked at him. Once he stood up my hand shot out and grabbed him wrist. I knew I surprised him because I was able to pull him back and he flopped onto the bed. Giggling, I released his wrist and laid my head on his chest.

"Did I wake you?" he asked in a scratchy morning voice that I am not ashamed to admit turned me on slightly.

"No, I woke a bit before you but I was just resting my eyes," I mumbled into his chest.

He chuckled and reached down and ran his fingers through my hair gently. "How are you feeling?" he asked softly as he continued to run his fingers through my hair.

I blushed and answered, "I'm fine. I bit sore but nothing I can't deal with."

He chuckled again and I glanced up to see him looking at me with happiness and love. I knew he felt so much better now that we had mated and we had cemented that we were a pair. Honestly, I now felt a lot closer to Devon then I have before.

"Let's take a shower, then go down and get some breakfast. How does that sound?" Devon asked.

"Great," was my immediate reply as I got up from his chest and sat on the edge of the bed. I felt sticky and sweaty, and I sure was hungry.

I stood up and pain shot up my lower back and hips and I fell onto my knees with a groan. Devon was in front of me in a second and helping me up slowly. "Take it easy there sweetie. You had a rough night last night and you are going to be tight," he told me as he looked me over again. We were both still naked and I could he was looking his fill right now.

I cleared my throat to get his attention and he swept me up into his arms. My hands went up and wrapped themselves around his neck as I leaned into him. He held me tighter as he walked and we were soon in the bathroom. He gently set me down on the closed toilet and turned on the water to let it heat up. Once it was warm he picked me up again and gently set me on my feet in the shower.

I hissed in pain when the pain returned to my hips and back and leaned into Devon for support. He guided me under the spray of warm water and I sighed with relief. Reaching for the shampoo Devon gently pushed my hand away. He got some in his hand and started to work on my hair. I closed my eyes and leaned into his touch. I was a sucker when it came to people playing with with my hair or rubbing my head. It just felt so good.

Once he was finished he gently leaned my head forward and washed all of the suds out. When that was finished his hands drooped to my hips and he slowly started massaging them. I gave another sigh of relief when the tight muscles loosened and he moved onto my lower back, working out the knots there too. Once he was finished he removed his hands and started to wash his own hair. I washed my body off and we were soon stepping out of the shower.