Interlude

Nope. This is NOT a new chapter.. I know, I know. Yell, curse me out in the comments, because I've been gone for 7 months which is pretty bad. However, a lot has happened for me. A lot of lessons, tears, heartbreak, triumphs, and milestones. I've learned more and more about myself with each passing day. I took a Creative Writing class in April which shifted my writing style. So, I'm having hard time writing Enough Said and have outgrown it in a way. I was 14 when I started writing it and will be 17 next month. I'm like a completely different person lol... So, bear with me please. Right now, we're at 23 chapters and I do will my best to get to 25 chapters of content and then an epilogue. What I've attached below is a story I'm coming out with in February 2016. Below is the first chapter! Enjoy!

I fixed on the ceiling fan blades as they rotated. I was entranced by the light switch strings as they swung in the air and captivated by the whoosh of the wind as the blades picked up speed. This was better than counting sheep or finding pictures in clouds....

"Aye, rise and shine, Sleeping Beauty," Meechie yelled in his thick New York accent and jolted me from my daydream.

"Kill the noise. She's sleep," I said, I felt her shift next to me.

I lifted my head to look at him. He stood at my side fully dressed with one backpack strap hanging loosely off his shoulders. It must have been later than I thought.

"It's 11, Rich. Get your ass up, " Meechie said.

"I'm not going. Tell them I'm sick," I said and laid back down on my pillow.

"I tried that excuse already, two semesters ago," Meechie said.

I glared at him.

"That wasn't my fault," I said.

"Look, we've got another chance, Rich, and I don't wanna blow it. We had a semester to get our shit together," Meechie said.

"It's too early to be preaching," I said and rubbed my temples for effect.

  "Keep on, you're gonna end up just like your Pops. Fifty years old and cleaning piss off the floor," Meechie added.

"Damn, Meech. Well, if you put it like that," I chuckled and sat up in the bed.

"I gotta talk to you like that. I don't know any other way to put it," He said and turned on his heels as he walked out the room.

I heard the sound of his Timberland boots stomping down the hallway as I yawned. I leaned over and nudged the real Sleeping Beauty next to me to let her know our little fairytale was over. It was time to go.

"Rich?" Chantel asked, calling my name with a faint smile on her face.

"Yea," I replied and gazed at her beautiful features as she smiled at me.

Her sleepy eyes were squinty and staring into them made me feel wrong for kicking her out. My mind wandered as I began thinking of last night's events. It was mostly a blur; I only remember tidbits from songs that we danced to, the smell of her perfume, and the feel of lace between my fingers. But, I knew one thing for sure. We didn't have sex. We never do. She says she's waiting for someone special to give her virginity to because she wants it to happen the "right" way. Her logic was funny to me because she would let me do everything except put the tip in.

"I guess it's about that time, ain't it?" Chantel said softly. Her smile was gone now.

"You know the drill," I stated.

  Chantel muttered something under her breath and rolled out of the bed.

I was quiet as she walked around the spacious bedroom and found her black lace bra and panty set scattered across the dark hardwood floors. She turned away from me as she clasped her bra and slid on her panties. She jiggled into her skirt since it was hard for the material to stretch over her large behind and pulled the matching shirt over her head, which fit tightly over her breasts. She walked in the en suite and slammed the door close. I opened my mouth to yell at her but quickly changed my mind having better ideas for Chantel and her attitude.  I slowly began drifting back to sleep and after a few minutes, I realized that Chantel still hadn't emerged from the bathroom.