Chapter 10

Shemari

"What's good, Mari?" yelled B and I heard the rest of the boys coming in to the loft to play some late night 2k13. I forgot I gave them niggas a key, they stay coming in my house loud as hell.

"Nothing much, B. I'm in my room," I yelled getting out of my bed putting my laptop to the side. I heard loud footsteps stomping up the stairs.

"Shemari, was you listening to Drake in the dark?" B asked standing in my doorway. He stared at me beside my bed with my laptop in my hand and Drake's song "Doing it Wrong" was playing through the speakers.

 "B, chill," I laughed and turned off the music. I pushed him out the way so I could walk downstairs to the main living area.

"Nah, bruh. We gotta talk about this shit," he said laughing and jogging down the stairs behind me.

I sucked my teeth and walked to get a water bottle out the pantry. 

"Chevy, Zay, Quez, guess what I found Shemari doing in his room?" B yelled while laughing at the same time.

"What Mari do?" yelled Chevy already shaking his head.

"I found Mari listening to Drake bitch ass in the dark," he said barely getting out his sentence. All of them busted out laughing.

"Light skin niggas, I swear," said Zay shaking his head.

"Y'all foul. I ain't even light skin. I'm brown," I said sitting in front of the TV setting up the Xbox to play 2k13.

"Yea, whatever. But, on some real shit, Drake's music be wassup when you dealing with your girl. He raps about everything you feeling," Quez pointed out and everybody agreed. 

 "On that note, wassup with you and Tia?" Chevy asked getting beer out the fridge for all of us.

"We on a break and what not. She meeting new niggas," I confessed pulling out my phone to show them the picture of the screen shot of texts between her and Rod.

"Mari, we told you what's gonna happen if you don't treat her like she's yours. If you don't cuff her, somebody else will," Chevy said while sitting down by me to help me set up the game.

"Yea, cause that body. God damn..." exclaimed Zay and B and I shot him with a cold look. 

"Watch your mouth, Zay," I yelled to him and heard Chevy whispering something like "That ass though" under his breath. These niggas...

 "Enough talk about Shemari but have y'all seen my girl?" B said picking up a controller for the Xbox. Everybody replied with a yes except me; I didn't know B had a wifey. Since when?

"Nah, let me see," I said and he passed me his phone to a picture on Instagram of Shayla. I know my mind was not playing tricks on me, what the absolute fuck? I dropped the phone on the ground in shock.

 "What the fuck Shemari? You gonna be buying me an Iphone 5s in September if my shit broken," he said picking up the phone off the floor wiping it off.

 I couldn't speak, I was just trembling. This shit don't add up. How is my chill/fuck buddy with one of my best friends? B didn't know about me and Shayla's relationship but Shayla ass sure as hell know about him.

 "You good man?" B said and it felt like everything was going in slow motion.

"Nah, man. Let's talk really quick," I said softly, wiping my face. 

"Will y'all hurry up? We about to set up teams," yelled Chevy. 

"Yea bruh, we coming in a minute," B said as we made our way by the stairs.