Chapter 20

Tia

The room was silent as Shemari stared at Terrell with anger in his eyes that I've never seen before. I honestly didn't know what to say or do to smooth out the tension between the both of them.

"I'm coming back to bed soon. Just give me a minute," I said to him so Shemari and I could finish talking without any distractions.

He nodded with skeptical eyes and walked back down the hallway to my bedroom. I sighed and then turned my attention back to Shemari.

"Is this that fuck nigga, Rod?" Shemari asked with clenched teeth and pointing his finger towards the hallway.

"No, it's not. And why do you care anyway? You seem to be just fine without me. Sleeping with girls you just met at the club," I responded with hands folded neatly under my breasts.

"Tia-" Shemari said beginning to give me some bullshit story like I was the wrong one.

"Nah, hold that shit, Mari. I know you, I can already anticipate what you're gonna say but I'm done. Completely fucking done,"

"Really? Ok. But tell me this though... Does he know you're pregnant?"

"No, but that's besides the point. I'm done with you Shemari, whatever I do with him has nothing to do with you,"

"So what was all that yesterday, huh? Was that all just an act? I mean shit Tia, we can go on and on about how I messed up but at least I'm trying to make an effort. I want us to work this out. Remember what we said on our graduation day?"

I chuckled at his reminder of our saying that we created our last day in high school, together through whatever. We knew we were both going to separate colleges and made a vow that we would stay committed even though we went to different schools. But, Shemari violated our vow the summer before freshman year.

"Why are you laughing?"

"Because you're honestly the most hypocritical nigga I know.. I have never cheated this whole relationship. Never. I've always been down for you, Shemari,"

"Tia, I admit I've made my mistakes with the stripper, Shayla, Sky, to name a few. But, I recognize that. I can do better for you and for our child. I need you, Tia.."

"I really want to hear you out and believe what you say but, do you even realize the shit that comes out your mouth? Did you realize that you just said "to name a few"? How many people have you fucked during our relationship?"

" 5..."

I fought back the tears beginning to form in my eyes and looked down at the floor.

"Are you lying to me right now?"

"Tia, I'm not here to talk about my sexual habits, ok? I know what I've done is fucked up. I just need another chance to prove myself to you,"

I still stared at the floor trying my best not to let any tears fall from my eyes. I knew if I looked up at him, I would break. I walked to my kitchen to get myself a glass of water so I could calm down. Shemari began walking behind me and grabbed my hand.

"Don't touch me," I said angrily and pushed him off of me. Before I knew it, hot tears were streaming down my cheeks.

"You're such a liar! You don't give a fuck about me, Shemari! Or our child! You only care about yourself. Your wants and needs have always come before me and now you want me to have sympathy. That's why I couldn't keep our child the first time," I cried out and put my hand over my mouth after I realized what I said.

"What did you just say?" Shemari asked, raising his voice.

I began shaking my head as more tears trailed down my face.