Chapter 12

Trey

2 months later

It's been a couple of months since I talked with my dad about Erin. That conversation was the realest talk that I've ever had with him. He talked to me like I was a man or one of his friends not like his son. We kept it 100 with each other for the first time in a long time. Homecoming is in a few days and we know the finalists in all the grades. For the juniors, it's between Andre and I and Erin and Taylor's friend Nicole. It was honestly anyone's game since all of us are known around the school but Erin and I ended up winning. I got up from chilling on my bed and walked down the steps to the smell of dinner.

"Mama, que estas cocinando para la cena?" I asked looking at her pots of bubbling sauce and rice.

"Trey, I'm working, go do some homework or something," she whined moving me from the stove to throw onions into a sizzling pan.

"My homework is done," I said leaning on the counter.

"Well, clean your room. It's a hot mess and you need to clean your shoe closet," she stated sternly.

"Ma,"

"No, Trey. I'm not hearing it, go clean up before dinner's ready,"

I walked over to her and towered over her short frame, she stood at 5'2. I leaned down and tickled her sides. She began laughing uncontrollably and tears spilled out of her eyes.

"Trey, stop!" she gasped trying to breathe.

"Uh uh," I protested continuing to tickle her.

"Ricky, come get your son!" she yelled to my father who was coming down the stairs.

"Yo, Trey. Give us a minute. I need to talk to you, Lourdes," he said with a smirk on his face looking at my mother.

He walked over to her and whispered in her ear, making her giggle. Nothing is nastier than knowing your parents are some freaks. I shook my head and ran up the stairs not wanting to hear any of their moaning shit. I closed my door and synced my phone to my black Beats Pill. I looked around my room and began putting up my dirty clothes in my hamper and took the clothes off my bed. I dumped my new clothes out of the shopping bags and hung them up. When I opened my shoe closet, shoes were on the ground and scattered across my bedroom floor. I decided to call Taylor and see if she could come over and help me organize my shoe closet like she normally does. I ran down the steps to ask my mom if Tay could come over. I walked into the kitchen to see a sight my eyes weren't ready for; my father's hand was in my mother's leggings. I covered my eyes and cleared my throat to get their attention.

"Trey, I told you to go up stairs," my dad chuckled removing his hand from her leggings.

"What you need?" Ma asked getting off the counter where she was sitting.

"I was gonna ask if Tay could come over for dinner and then help me with my shoe closet. I've got more shoes than I thought I did," I explained running my hands through my curls.

"Yea, I'm cool with that," she replied simply, putting a hair band around her hair and throwing it in a high bun.

I walked upstairs and began to type on my phone.

Me:  Can you come thru? I need your help wit my shoe closet

Tay: K. I'll be over in a sec

I laid on my bed until I heard feet and Taylor's laugh at my bedroom door.

"I see you've began cleaning up for once," she said as she looked around my room and taking off her denim jacket.