Chapter 14

Shemari

We arrived at the parade later than we expected due to the traffic. I hopped out the car and grabbed both Tia and Taylor's hand. Tay glared at me with the same big eyes that Tia had, letting me know that she didn't like me holding her hand. I didn't give a fuck though. She was thick as hell to be only 16 and a college nigga would gladly fuck if he had the opportunity. None of my blood was gonna be hoe at least not if I can help it. She kept pushing my hand away but my grip became tighter.

"Ow, Mari! Why you pulling my hand so hard?" Tia yelled, pulling her hand away from me with a frown.

"Sorry, babe but I'm trying to hold onto Taylor. She look your age and I don't got time for no nigga tryna holla at her," I explained with Tay rolling her eyes at me.

"Aww... My baby is protective of my little sissy," Tia giggled smiling at both of us

"Shut up, Tia," Tay murmured and began typing on her phone.

"Put up your phone, we're supposed to be having family time today. I mean you and Mari were getting along a few minutes ago. C'mon now," Tia pleaded causing Tay to sigh and put her phone in the pocket of her denim jacket.

I wrapped my arms around Tay and hugged her. I wouldn't be an asshole if she didn't put me in any bad situations. It's that simple. After awhile, she wrapped her arms around me too. Tia smiled, happy that we made up. We began walking towards the crowd with loud music playing and I could tell that we were going to have a good time.

***

"Be good, Tay. No boys over, ok?" Tia screamed to Taylor from the car window.

"I’ll try," Taylor smirked and walked inside.

That girl was gonna be the death of Mr. and Mrs. Brown, she was beautiful, smart, and laidback. Some would probably not talk to her thinking she's a stuck up model type from the suburbs but she could chill with anybody. After Tia and I watched her walk safely inside, we drove to the Forbes Arena where the step show was. Zay and B were gonna meet us there. B has been mad all day and I told him to come out knowing if we could all chill together we could cheer him up. Quez and Chevy were gonna come too but both of them got tied up into something with their women. I told my boys, we can't trust these hoes.

On our way, we stopped at Jimmy John's to pick up some subs. As we pulled up to the drive thru, Shayla was in the window. Fuck...

"2 Turkey Tom combos, that'll be 10.05," Shayla said punching our order in. She hadn't noticed me yet nor had Tia noticed her.

"Ok," I said while pulling out my wallet and handed her $20. When Shayla's eyes finally met mine to receive the money, she froze.

"Mari, what's taking so long? We should have our food by now," Tia snapped, sucking her teeth and finally looking up from her phone. She stared at Shayla coldly.

"Shayla, just hurry up," I spoke softly and she took the money.

I noticed tears running down her cheeks as she placed the bill in the cash register. She handed me my money and closed the window to pick up our food.

"I'm not even gonna say anything, Shemari. I'm not trying to start any drama today. Just get the food and let's go, " Tia whispered.

"Thank you baby," I whispered back and tilted her chin and leaned down to kiss her. At that exact moment, Shayla opened the window ending our little moment.

She handed me the food and I could tell she had been crying with her eyes puffy and red. I wasn't gonna let her spoil my night with Tia though, nobody was gonna get it in the way of what I had planned. We drove off and dove into our sandwiches immediately. After finally making it to the arena, we met the boys and sat down.