Chapter 18

Tia

Taylor came back in my bedroom with a trashcan and various snacks and drinks. I was so appreciative of how considerate and thoughtful she was. Even though, Tay and I annoy each other all the time, she's still my sweetheart and I love her to pieces.

"Thanks baby," I said as she placed my snacks on my nightstand.

"No problem, shorty," Tay said laughing and kissed my cheek. 

She snuggled up beside me and put a blanket around us. I picked up the remote and began surfing through channels and eventually settled on Coming to America. We chilled on the bed laughing and eating snacks in a comfortable silence for hours. As a commercial came on, I decided to spill my thoughts about pregnancy to Taylor.

"Taylor, what would you say if I told you that I might be pregnant?" I asked, waiting on her response as I played with my fingers in my lap.

"Tia! Stop playing games with me. Is this how you joke now?" She responded with an honestly confused expression on her face.

"But Tay-"

"Don't tell me you're foreal,"

"Tay, I'm deadass serious,"

"Oh my fucking God. I'm seriously gonna beat your ass if you're pregnant again. I mean damn... You always preaching to me about STD's and making sure Khalif wears a condom and what not and I haven't even had sex before. Tia, you've already aborted one of Mari's kids. You can't put him through something like that again. That shit just ain't right,"

Her words stung but she was absolutely right. I can't abort another kid that'll just create a pattern of irresponsible behavior. On the other hand, my baby will be born into a single parent household with a father that already has another child on the way. Bringing a child in this mess isn't right either. She also reminded me that I never told her, Ma, or Aunt Lorrie that Mari didn't know I was having an abortion. They assumed we discussed it already.

"Taylor, I never told you this but I never told Mari about the last baby,"

"Fuck you mean, Tia? You didn't tell him about his own blood. His own seed. His fucking child. I thought you guys made that decision together. Ma and Aunt Lorrie did too,"

"It's fucked up I know,"

"Yea, it is. When you tell him that you're pregnant, you need to tell him that you also already aborted one of his kids already,"

"How do you tell someone that you aborted their child when all they've wanted was a child?"

My voice cracked as tears begin to form in my eyes.

"T, stop crying ok?" Taylor whispered as she held me.

I sobbed into her chest as I thought about the fucked up mess I just got myself in again. What am I supposed to do with a child? Money is not an issue but children are a whole another monster to conquer. As I wiped my swollen puffy eyes, my phone began to ring. It was Terrell. Seeing his name on the screen completely changed my mood. He's been my best friend since that night at the lounge. I feel like shit right now; I know for a fact he will make me feel better.

"Hey, wassup?" I asked Terrell who was laughing at something in the background.

"Who is that?" Tay whispered.

"I'll tell you in a minute," I whispered back and she nodded with a skeptical eye.

"Mia, leave Michelle alone. Y'all dumb as fuck," Terrell yelled to the background, laughing.