Chapter 19 Part 1

Taylor

It's official now. I will be Tee Tee Taylor in nine months and to be honest I don't know how to feel. I really want to be happy for Tia and her baby but I'm scared for her, this was the absolutely worst time for her to get pregnant. She hasn't finished school and has a promising career in her future. A child will slow all of that down. I just wish T could've been smarter about this. She's debating if she's going to either get an abortion or keep the baby. She's hysterical on the phone right now with Mom; Angie brought her some pregnancy tests and all of them came back positive.

I walked to my parent's room with a bowl of popcorn that I just popped and sat on the bed beside Mom.

"Tia, calm down, okay. Breathe in and out," Mom said calmly with her head in her hands and tears running down her cheeks.

"Wait, so you mean, he already has a child on the way? Tay, did you know that?" Mom asked turning her attention to me.

"No, I didn't. Who's the mother?" I asked skeptically.

I love Shemari, man. That's been my nigga since I met him years ago but he puts Tia through unimaginable shit where I used to question why she stayed with him. I get it now though, she feels forever indebted to him because she never told him about the baby. For them to improve, I really think they need to sit down and talk about all of their issues and work it out instead of hiding things from each other, lying, and cheating.

"You talking about the same Shayla that B was over here talking about?" Mom questioned, lying back on the pillows with her hand over her eyes.

"Fuck," I said aloud to myself. Either Shemari fucked with B's girl on purpose or the girl fucked with them at the same time. I'm pretty sure it's the latter. B and Mari have known each other longer than we've known Mari.

"Taylor, watch your goddamn mouth. Don't think because I'm on the phone I don't hear your ass," Mom said shaking me out of my thoughts.

I groaned out and sucked my teeth. How could she be so concerned with Tia yet still hear me? The thought was beyond me. She got silent for a while as she talked to Tia commenting every now and then. I finished eating my popcorn and laid the bowl beside the bed. I got back in and snuggled under the covers beside her.

"Alright. Bye, baby," Mom whispered into the phone.

"What did she say?

Mom closed her eyes and just shook her head.

" I ju-just... I just don't get it. Tia has everything and is so damn smart and beautiful and driven but she can't be on birth control.  Your Dad and I paid out our ass all her life for cheer through middle and high, cheer camps, competitions, modeling, and pageants. Everything. We even put her in private school until she got to North Atlanta and she ends up getting pregnant. And mind you this is not the first time but the second," Mom sighed heavily.

"Ma, calm down. Everything will figure itself out in the end. Don't worry,"

"I just want her to be okay, Taylor. That's all I want for her,"

Mom began to be sob into her pillow as I rubbed her back. I assumed the crying lulled her to sleep because after a few minutes, she was silent. I tucked the covers around her petite frame and kissed her cheek. I got up from the bed and closed the door softly behind me. All I know is that from now on, I can do nothing wrong. I don't want my mother to have any more pain.

Shemari

I sang along to Jhene Aiko's soft voice as I drove to Grady High to run around the track. It seemed as if each word she sung fit my relationship with Tia.

I love me; I love me enough for the both of us

That's why you trust me, I know you been through more than most of us

So what are you? What are you, what are you so afraid of?

Darling you, you give but you cannot take love

I bobbed my head to the beat as Drake began rapping.

I needed to hear that shit, I hate when you're submissive

Passive aggressive when we're texting, I feel the distance

Just as I began to make a turn on the four way stop, I lost control of the wheel and I heard my tires screeching. Before I could lift my foot on the brakes, the car crashed onto my side. Glass piercing my skin and the metallic taste of blood in my mouth were the only things I felt. I couldn't moan. I couldn't scream. I just felt limp and everything went black.

****

As I slowly woke up, my eyes stung from the bright white light. I suddenly jerked to my right and winced in pain.

"Stop moving, boy. You got bruises all over you," Ma's sweet voice filled my ears and I felt her soft hand pat my forehead.

I chuckled lowly and a smile slowly crept on my lips.

"What happened, Ma?" I asked now fully awake and looking around the neat hospital room.

"You got in a bad car accident, baby," Ma said barely above a whisper and kissed my forehead. 

"What does my car look like? I hope I didn't I fuck up my car, damn!" I mumbled lowly to myself.

"Shemari, you worried about a car and you laying in a hospital bed. You can always buy a new Audi but you can't ever buy a new Shemari. You focused on the wrong things, baby,"

"I'm sorry, Ma. You right,"

She sucked her teeth and playfully rolled her eyes. My phone began to ring as Ma sat on the bed and began flipping through the channels. She passed me my phone and I didn't even check to see who was calling.

"Speak," I answered the phone.

"Shemari, you good, B?" Zay's voice asked concerned.

"Everything fucking hurts, man but I'm good for the most part. There ain't nothing I can't shake off,"

"We on our way now. When we heard what happened, everybody was either in class or at work,"

"Y'all straight fam, I know y'all got shit to do,"

" Ay, um... B got some news for you about your baby moms,"

"Ok, put him on the phone,"

The phone shuffled and I could hear both Quez and Chevy's voices in the background.

"I don't even know how Imma word this," B whispered.

"Bruh, don't do that... Wassup? She carrying my seed, I don't care if what you're about to tell me is bad or good. I just want to know,"

"She-She.."

"She what?"

"She hit you in the car accident, Shemari,"

"Huh..."

"She hit the side of your car and the baby died immediately upon impact. She's in the same hospital as you. You need to go see her,"

I froze and I couldn't say a word. My first born was dead.. and there was absolutely nothing I could do about it.

Tia

"She whatl?" I asked, my voice cracking.

I honestly couldn't take anything else. When will my happiness and peace come? Or will it ever come? I can't live like this. 

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the wait. I've been super busy with school and life but I'm on summer break so I have a whole bunch of time to write. Stay tuned for more drama :) Also check out my girl BrittaneyPeart's new story 'Life as I know it'! She's new and needs reads and comments! Thanks loves :)

Thewhatkid