Chapter 3

Taylor

I'm high and drunk, my thoughts are slowing down and I'm not thinking as clear, but I can tell that Trey is trying to fuck with me. Shit, if this is how he wants to play this game; then let's go. I grabbed Khalif's hand and led him to the dance floor. Before he could even figure out the beat, I rolled my waist and grinded on him slowly in a circular motion. I picked up the pace and popped my ass matching the sound of the music. I could tell people were watching intently because I was dancing my best tonight.

I looked over and saw Erin sitting on Trey's lap giving him a lap dance, twerking her ass like a stripper and grinding on him seductively. She then stopped and kissed him with aggressiveness like she was going to tear him apart, all the while Trey stared at me with a smirk on his face. All this shit was tugging at my heart strings and I felt like I was about to cry. Fuck, I don't even know why this is hurting me this much. I walked out the door of the penthouse and made my way to the elevator. I heard people running out of the house. I turned around and saw my three favorite people, Khalif, Trey, and Erin.

"What, what now? What the hell do any of you want?" I said feeing tears swelling up in my eyes. I have just completely given up.

"It doesn't feel so good, when the tables are turned does it?" Trey yelled putting his arm around Erin.

"What are you talking about?" said Khalif and Erin in unison.

"Tay tell them what happened two weeks ago? Go ahead, lay it all out for them to hear," he said and I could tell both Erin and Khalif were getting pissed.

"Fuck is he saying, Tay? You got feelings for this nigga?" Khalif said with his jaw clenching.

"I ki-kissed him two weeks ago," I said with tears now streaming down my face.

"You kissed my man, bitch! I knew something was wrong with y'all damn relationship, fucking whore. Now, you know why I'm always in your ass about these hoes, Trey! Now, she's fucking kissing you, what the fuck?" She yelled in my face and at Trey.

"I love you and care for you and want the absolute best for you. But you fucking with my heart and I don't like that shit. I have never lied to you about shit I've done, I'm not perfect either but I'll always be honest. I've asked you countless times to stop talking to Trey but you said you wouldn't do nothing and I trusted your ass. Now look at you, I don't fucking trust you and you a goddamn liar!" he said and stormed off.

He then leaned over to Trey and punched him right in the nose," That's for kissing my woman, bitch ass nigga,"

I just cried and could hear Erin and Trey yelling and cursing each other out as I walked into the elevator. He deserved this shit as much as I did. Why do we have to do this to each other, why couldn't we just be mature about our feelings instead of hurting people and ourselves? Why does it always have to end like this? I waited by the car knowing Trey would be coming soon.

He came out and started the car, not even looking at me. We had been quiet ever since we left the condo and we had twenty more minutes to go. I decided to break the silence.

"If you cared about me so much, why didn't you say it," I said looking at him.

"I don't know, I guess I just didn't want to mess our friendship up. We're really close and I never wanted to change that," he said seriously.

"Well, we're definitely not going to be together now. You really pissed me off and I don't have a relationship anymore and it doesn't seem like you do either. It won't fix shit by us getting together,"

"Yea, I love you Tay and I didn't mean to hurt you or Erin by trying to admit that,"

"I love you too but the way everything is working out, this just wouldn't be the right thing to do,"

"Right, I guess I'll talk to Erin when all of this blows over,"

"Me too, I mean I'll talk to Khalif when this is all over,"

He turned on the radio and it felt like every song was fitting our mood. I just want to make it home without crying anymore. We pulled up to my house and I hopped out. Trey turned me around looking directly in my eye.

"I really do love you," he said and pulled me to his chest.

Before I could answer, he leaned into me placing a passionate kiss on my lips. I didn't hesitate to stop him; I just slightly pushed away after a while. I walked to my door, quickly ran to my bedroom, and peeled off my clothes. I closed my eyes and cried myself to sleep letting the pain and the mistakes of the night take over me.

Trey

I laid on my bed and reflected on our night and felt bad for doing this shit to myself, to Taylor, to Erin ,and to Khalif. Why couldn't I just be mature and be real about my feelings to her, she would've understood. Shit, I just fucked everything up. I walked to Tay's house, which was two houses down and sneaked in the house through the back door like I used to when we were little. She would call me because she would be scared of the dark and couldn't go to sleep. I would come over and cuddle with her until the morning.

I walked in her bedroom and heard her sniffling. I stripped down to my boxers and got under the covers. I spooned her, rubbing the small of her back. Surprisingly, she didn't push me away. We just laid there in silence as I held her from behind and kissed her neck. I don't know if we can fix the shit that we got ourselves into, I guess we can just blame it all on being young and summer. I'm just happy that we're still together, Taylor and Trey,that's what matters most.

***

I awoke to the sound of music coming from somewhere in the room. I squinted my eyes at the sunlight and saw Taylor standing over me with a smile on her face.

"Good morning," I said slowly in my deep morning voice.

"Good morning, Trey," she said with a flirty smile.

"What's all that for, huh? You were pushing me away yesterday,"

"I don't know. You're cute in the morning,"

" I'm cute all the damn time,"

She rolled her eyes and sat by me turning the TV on to early Saturday morning cartoons. She laid her head on my bare chest. I played with her hair as she grazed her thumb in small circles over my hand. I got my phone from under the bed and saw I had multiple text messages and notifications, the most important ones being from Erin and Andre and then my mom since I didn't tell her I left.

Erin: Don't call me, don't text me until you're ready to drop her. Period.

Andre: Trey, you still coming to the Y right? We starting in 30 minutes.

Ma: Trey? Where the fuck are you? I called you like 10 times. Get your ass home now.

I softly kissed her hand and rose to get up.

"Where you going?" she said softly running her hands through her long hair and sitting on her knees.

"Home. I'm meeting the boys at the YMCA to play basketball," I said putting back on my clothes.

"Oh, ok... " she said looking nervous as hell.

"Are you ok?"

"Sort of, I guess I need some sleep and some water. I've got a headache from all this bullshit,"

"I hope you get better, Tay. I love you," I said as I wrapped my hands around her waist and leaned down right in front of her lips.

"Don't start something you can't finish, Trey,"

"Oh, I can finish, baby" and with that I inched in closer and her soft lips met mine. Her lips worked against mine sweet and tenderly. As I slid my tongue into her mouth, I heard the door swing open... Fuck.

"Taylor Aiani Brown, the fuck are you doing in here? Is that Trey??? I know for a fact that ain't Trey," Mrs. Brown yelled at the top of her lungs and I moved away awkwardly from Taylor.

"I'm so sorry, Mrs. Brown. I was just leaving," I said softly, picking up my phone and bolting out the door.

"You damn right," she yelled as I ran out the steps.

All I could hear next was Mrs. Brown yelling and Taylor explaining herself; I never meant to leave her hanging. Ugh, she got my ass later though. Hopefully she doesn't get into too much trouble. When I got to my house, there was only my mom's Range Rover parked in the driveway and no sight of my dad. I walked in and I didn't see my mom, maybe she was in her room. I went upstairs and pulled out a pair of basketball shorts, a black Nike tee, my red Hyperdunk's and my YMCA card from my wallet. As I was turning off my light to leave, Ma stopped in my tracks.

"Hey mommy," I smiled and leaned down to kiss her cheek.

"No, Trey," she whined and moved my face from her cheek and glared at me.

"What ma?" I questioned playing like I was confused.

"Where were you last night? Who were you with?" she asked holding her cold gaze with the same hazel eyes I inherited.

"I was out at the party and I came home and then crashed at Taylor's place,"

"You know I don't have a problem with you being over there but you have to let me know, ok? Don't do that, you know that scares me, right?"

"Yea, ma. I do but I'm here now,"

"Yea, Trey. It's still scary though. You still going with the boys at they Y?"

"Yea, wassup?"

"I'm going to work out in that weight room so I can take you. I'm just gonna get my keys and we can go. Grab a few water bottles for us too," she said as she jogged to her room.

I ran downstairs and got two water bottles out the pantry and checked my phone again.

Tay: I'm grounded for a week and that was only because I explained everything that's been going on. It was going to be a month but she understood. If it was a month, I would've been more than pissed. I got your ass though.

Me: That's what he said.

Tay: You nasty as hell. Ewww!

Me: That's why you love me ;)

I put my phone in my back pocket and waited for my mom to come to the car. I turned on the radio and it played Red Nose by Sage the Gemini, the same song that Erin gave me the lap dance to last night and where Taylor danced with Khalif. The song that fucked us all up. I haven't replied to Erin yet and honestly I don't know what I'm gonna say. I mean what can I say to her, this seems to be regular shit with me and I hate that because I don't want to hurt her but...

"Get out my seat little boy!" Ma yelled playfully as she jumped in the truck.

I laughed, "I'm a grown man,"

"You may be six feet but you will always be my little boy," she cooed turning up "It Won't Stop" on the radio and snapping her fingers.

"I am not a little boy," I groaned looking out the window.

"Whatever, Trey. You know you're my baby," she pinched my cheeks.

I moved her hand from my face and sucked my teeth. I texted Andre back telling him I was on my way and bobbed my head to the music letting Sevyn Streeter's voice sink into my head...Taylor got me fucked up and I don't know what to do.

Every little thing you do

Got me feeling some type of way

***

Hey Guys,

Please VOMMENT (Vote and Comment) and let people know about the story. I also need ideas for the cover and what you think the characters look like. Enjoy the chap and leave me love :)

Thewhatkid