Chapter 8

Tia

After my lunch/dinner with Shemari, I drove to my apartment to go home and study since I had a paper to do for my American Literature class. Our reading is the Great Gatsby, which is pretty cool but I honestly do not feel like writing shit right now. I decided the paper could wait; I'll just wake up earlier and finish it since I'm halfway through. I really want to go to a hookah bar or something and just chill out before the week starts. I turned into my apartment complex and got out to walk up three sets of stairs.

"Ughh," I groaned out loud to myself.

 As I trudged up the stairs, I saw three guys posted up on the wall chilling as I approached my door. I really didn't feel like dealing with anybody and these jeans were hugging in all the right places. I shook my head as I walked past them and their eyes lit up with amazement. I walked inside and took off my ankle boots. I figured I should dress up a little tonight just for the hell of it and jumped in the shower quickly. Once I got out, I decided to straighten my hair, which takes forever because of all the curls but I did it anyway. I gave myself light eye make up and bold red lips to give the look some pop. I put on a white Alexander McQueen crop top and a high waisted skirt, Chanel studs, and Manolo Blanik nude heels. I put my hair in a high bun, grabbed a clutch, and ran out the door.

I decided on going to Anatolia Cafe where there were a lot of other college students since Georgia State was right across the street and the food was excellent. I walked into the cafe and sat at the bar to get me a beer. It was funny because the bartender didn't even ask for ID; I guess people don't care anymore.  Out of the corner of my eye, a guy on my left eyed me with a flirty smirk on his face. I smiled and continued to face the bartender.

 "Hello there, beautiful," said the guy to my left. 

"What do you want?" I said nonchalantly receiving my drink from the bartender. 

I turned around and faced the guy; he looked to be around 22 or 23, a charming smile, and an athletic physique. He was sexy as hell and turning me on by the minute.

"You too sexy to have that little attitude, ma"

"That's what I hear,"

"Whoever telling you is right, pretty ladies should speak pretty words,"

"What are you, huh? Some damn flirty Dr. Phil,"

All he did was shake his head and laugh moving closer to me standing right by my ear.

"What's your name?" he whispered in my ear.

"Tia and yours?"

"Rod short for Roderick,"

"So Rod, you in school?"

"Yes ma'am for economics at Georgia State,"

"Cool, I'm at Spelman for law,"

"Pretty and smart,"

"Thank you, you play basketball?"

"Yea, number 24. You should come to my games one of these days,"

"I would like that, "

I pulled my phone out of my clutch and handed it to him so he could save his number. As he handed my phone back to me, he brushed his nose against my ear and softly pecked my cheek.

"Bye Tia, I'll see you around," he said as he began to walk away.

I winked and took a swig of my drink; Rod was definitely a back up plan if Shemari doesn't get in line. I unlocked my phone and saw he put his name as Rod with the smirk face and wedding ring emoji; I shook my head and continued to drink my beer. My phone then began to ring with Mommy flashing on my screen; I quickly paid the bartender and answered the phone.