+ [Chapter 6] Is He Mine?

-Genny’s POV-

Tiffany and I sat on the couch adjacent from the one Anthony was sitting on with Ian. I took Ash from Tiffany and began to rock him back to sleep. The room was completely silent as we all waited for Anthony to tell us his story.

He cleared his throat and began, “So, after I left McDonalds, I got home to find Kalel doing her nails in the bathroom. She greeted me like she normally would and I asked her what she was doing her nails for. Somehow she managed to bring up how her sister’s getting married next week and that she hopes to catch the bouquet, so that she's the next one to marry. I just can’t take it anymore! Every day since about a few weeks ago, she’s been nagging on me to propose to her. I'm not fucking ready to marry her! She thinks that since it's been three years that I should propose! I just…I don't even know anymore, guys..." We all looked at him in empathy, "Then I started thinking about what said Ian, and how he thinks I like Genny. So, I started thinking back to the night Genny and I met, the Fourth of July." I blushed, but didn't make eye contact with him, "I remembered how I felt that night. It was probably the happiest I’d been in a long time. And I thought that you and I...we really connected, Genny," I looked up and saw that he was looking at me. "And then I started thinking about Ash. Have you ever noticed how similar he is to me? The hair, the eyes..." He cleared his throat, "Then this thought came into my mind. Than Ash might be mine,” My hear beat sped up and I could feel my palms start to get sweaty. Anthony leaned forward and inquired, “Genny, is he mine?"

I gulped. Ian and Tiffany looked at me, anticipating my answer.

"What?" I nervously giggled.

"Genny..." He stood up and walked over to me, bent down, and rested his arms on my thighs, "Is Ash my son?"

I tensed up, "Uhh..."

"Yes!" Tiffany squealed. Anthony looked over at her. Her cheeks immediately grew red as she sat back in the couch, scratching behind her head, “Sorry, Genny,” She whispered to me.

Anthony looked back at me before standing up and starting to pace back and forth.

I handed Ash to Tiffany and jumped to my feet, stopping Anthony, "Look, I totally understand if you want nothing to do with Ash and me, but…”

"Why would you think that?” He cut me off and looked directly into my eyes.

“Because you had your life with Kalel and I didn't want to get in the way of it,” I answered softly, hanging my head. Out of the corner of my eye, I watched as Ian and Tiffany, who still had Ash in her arms, escaped into the kitchen to leave Anthony and me alone.

He chuckled slightly and shook his head, bending down so he was looking at me, “You should’ve told me, Genny. You know I would've helped. In fact, I’m going to help.”

“No, Anthony, you…”

Before I could say anything more, he leaned in and kissed me, like he had the night of the Fourth of July. I pulled out of the kiss and stared at him in awe. He smirked and pushed a piece of my hair behind my ear, "Let me take Ash of your hands for one night," Anthony offered as Tiffany and Ian walked back into the living room.

"I…I can’t do that, Anthony," I said under my breath, stepping away from Anthony and crossing my arms over my chest, “I just can’t.”

"But he’s my son, Genny, and I'd like to spend some time with him.”

"Well…you don't have the proper stuff," I argued.

"Then let me stay the night at your place!”

"Most definitely not!"

"Genny!" Ian and Tiffany shouted. They looked at each other and then back to me.

"You need to let him in your life now, Genny, he knows," Tiffany said softly.

"He just wants to help, Genny," Ian added.

I started to tear up right then and there. Anthony wrapped his arms around me and pulled my head close to his chest. I couldn't believe how fast this was all happening.

"Genny, let me spend a week with you,” Anthony proposed in a gentle tone. I glanced up at him with red and puffy eyes. He looked down at me and gave me a half-smile, “And if you don't like the help, then I'll leave. I'll go back to Kalel and I promise not to ask about Ash ever again."

I stepped away from him and shrugged my shoulders, "I suppose I can handle one week with you…” He grinned as a smirk grew on my face.

“Great,” Tiffany stated as she handed over Ash to me. "Now go take care of your god damn child."

I rolled my eyes and walked out of the house, Anthony following right behind me. We took my car back to my place. All throughout the car ride, I felt sick. I literally couldn't believe Anthony found out...and now he was going to be living with me for a week, helping me out with Ash. I just couldn’t believe it.