+ [NEW Chapter 9] I Did It

Author's Note: Hey guys! Okay, this isn't REALLY a new chapter, it was just the second half of the original chapter "Anthony's Other Plans" (now renamed "Keep Watch of Your Kid"). But you should still read it because there are some edits I made. Thanks for understanding! -rac06h10ael

-Anthony's POV-

I cleaned off the Cheerio crumbs from Ash's face and put him with all of his toys. I cleaned up the bowl of Cheerios, popping a few in my mouth before throwing the rest away. I walked over to the couch and sat down. That’s when my phone started vibrating like crazy - Kalel was calling me. I picked up. "Hello?"

"Hey Anthony, I knew you said you were going away, but I just wanted to spend some time together before you leave," Her sweet, bubbly voice sounded through the speaker.

"I'd love to Kalel, but I'm watching my son r-” I cut myself short and covered my mouth with the hand that wasn’t holding my cell phone.

"What?"

"I'm watching Genny's kid right now," I tried to rebound.

"No, that's not what you said, Anthony. You said you were watching your son. I heard you. Is there something you’re not telling me?"

"No! Not at all!”

"Are you sure?”

“Yes.”

“Oh, okay. But I was wondering if maybe you and I can take a dip in my hot tub before you leave."

"Kalel, maybe another day. But right now I'm busy with babysitting and then I have to pack and leave."

"Why are you watching Genny's kid anyways? You should be here with me, Anthony, not with some baby whose mom should be taking care of him.”

"Kalel, I’m just helping her out a little.”

"Anthony, you and I are going to break up if you don't get your ass to my house right now!" She threatened.

This was my perfect chance to end it. She literally handed me the perfect opportunity to leave her and focus on Genny and Ash. But, my heart spoke before my brain and I replied, "Fine. I'll be there in a few minutes." I hung up and realized what I just committed myself to, "Oh shit..."

I looked over at Ash, who was biting on one of the blocks he had in his hand. I walked over to him, took the block out of his hand, rushed him upstairs and put him in his crib. I turned around and saw that the bathroom door was slightly opened, steam coming out from the crack between the threshold and the door.

I slowly made my way over to the door and looked in. Through the steam, I saw her blurry figure behind the frosted glass door. She stopped singing along to Panic! At The Disco’s “I Write Sins Not Tragedies.” She stopped singing and washing herself. "Anthony? Is that you?" She asked.

Instead of answering her, I slowly backed away and then ran down the stairs. I stopped in the center of the loft, debating whether or not to inform Genny where I was going. Like she said, “…you don't need to tell me everything about your day." I disregarded what she said and pulled out a piece of paper from a drawer that I saw yesterday. I picked up a pen too and scribbled down:

Genny, I had to deal with some business back at home. Be back in a few hours.
-Anthony

I left the note and pen on the counter and bolted out of the house, grabbing my shirt that was slung over the arm of couch. As I got in the elevator, I pressed the L button and slipped into my shirt. I hit the lobby and darted through it, only to be stopped by someone saying, "Well look who it is, the handsome man that Genny brought home with her last night." I slowed down and came to a stop. I turned around and saw the corners of the receptionist’s lips curled up as she leaned over her desk, "What's your name?"