[Chapter 11] The Date

-Genny's POV-

So, the same day that Anthony broke up with Kalel, Anthony and I were going to have our 'first date.'

I put on a nice sundress that Tiffany and I had bought for me before I was pregnant. It was a nice pale yellow dress that was knee length and had lace on the edges. I put on some makeup, but just neutrals. I attempted to straighten my hair, though it failed epically by making it more frizzy, so I had to take a shower, blow dry it, slip back into my dress, and apply the make up for a second time.

Tiffany and Ian walked in at the same time. They were arguing once again.

"How can you even listen to that music?" Ian shouted. "It made my ears bleed."

"How can you not listen to that music?" She retorted, crossing her arms over her chest

I rolled my eyes and picked up Ash off of my bed where he was laying for his nap. I descended the stairs, "Hey guys." I greeted them.

Tiffany brought her hands up to her mouth. "You look beautiful, Genny!"

"Really?" I handed Ash to Ian. Ash woke up slightly, but fell back asleep a second later.

"Yeah. I know if I was dating you, I'd be drooling right now." Ian answered my question. I looked at him awkwardly, seeing as how that compliment sounded totally gross.

"Go have fun." Tiffany said as she hugged me tightly. "And remember, keep an open mind. He likes you already, there's no need to worry. Just worry a little though, so you don't act too casual."

"Thanks, Tiffany. You guys have fun too." I grabbed my purse and headed for the door. "Oh, and be sure Ash is in bed by eight or sometime around then, or he'll be the devil. Understood?"

"Yeah, yeah." Tiffany said as she pushed me out of the apartment and closed the door behind me.

-Anthony's POV-

I put on the nicest clothes I could find at my mom's place, where I had to go because I usually lived with Kalel. And of course, most of my clothes were there. I found a nice, dark red, cotton V-neck that I had when I was a teenager, luckily I hadn't grown much since then and it fit.

I was running around my bedroom in my light gray boxers, trying to find some jeans that still fit me. "Mom!" I shouted. "Where are my jeans? I know I brought a pair here in case I ever had an accident and needed to change!"

She walked in the doorway, "Anthony, I don't know! Stop yelling at me! That was a while ago!"

"That was two weeks ago, mom." I corrected her moodily.

"What's the rush anyways?" She questioned me. "Have another date with Kalel?" She said jokingly.

"No mom, she and I broke up." I replied coldly as I shuffled through the dresser drawers, throwing clothes everywhere, no luck with the jeans.

"But didn't you guys just have your third anniversary of being together?"

"Yes mom! And things didn't work out!"

"Gees...no need to yell at me. What are you doing then?" She asked.

"I'm going on a date!"

"With who?"

"Genny."

"Genny? Wasn't she the girl you met at the Fourth of July party and never saw again?"

"Yes, mom. That Genny."

"So...you two are dating now?"

"I don't have time to explain mom! I need my jeans! And they're no where to be found!" I kicked one of the drawers closed and walked past her.