[Chapter 37] Looking Back

-Genny's POV-

I was sitting on the swing outside, watching as my two boys chased each other around in the sunshine-filled yard. My husband brings me a cup of coffee and sits beside me, wrapping his arm around my back, pulling me into his chest.

I take a sip of my coffee and look back at how I got here.

After Anthony and I were reunited at his and Kalel's wedding, we built our relationship back up from the bottom. We got married again. Soon after, I got pregnant with my second child. When he was born, we named him Andrew after Ian (it's his middle name), because with out him, I don't think I'd be living the comfortable life I am right now. The four of us found out the apartment wasn't big enough for us and we moved into this marvelous two-story house with a large backyard, in-ground pool, two-car garage, and a spacious, renovated basement for Anthony and Ian to do their videos for Smosh. Yolanda was pretty upset, but she got over it when a new girl with problems just like me moved in with her baby girl.

Kalel and my brother Chris tried to be a couple again, but things didn't work out. I don't know where Kalel is, she hasn't been on Facebook lately, but Chris has found a nice woman named Penny and they're celebrating their second anniversary tomorrow (I even think he may propose to her).

As for Ian and Melanie, Ian broke up with her the night of Anthony and Kalel's wedding. She was heartbroken, and swore she'd never talk to him again. But it turns out that they make fantastic friends, helping the other whenever they needed it.

Tiffany, well, let's just say she's in a relationship with someone who she refuses to tell me any other information about besides that it's a guy. In all honesty, I think it's Ian. But, I can't tell you for sure (though I'm pretty strong in my belief).

"Mommy!" Andrew ran up to me and put his little hands on my legs.

"What?" I said, setting down my coffee mug and picking him up.

"When is Grandma coming over?" He asked in his little cute voice.

"Yeah! When is Grandma coming over?" Ash repeated, running up to Anthony.

Oh! That reminds me! Ms. Padilla still watches Ash, and now watches Andrew as well. She absolutely loves to see them, and we love that she can take them off of our hands for a few hours. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids to death, and I'm sure Anthony does too, but sometimes he and I just need to have some time to ourselves.

"Grandma's going to be here soon," Anthony explained to the two of them, pushing Ash's growing hair out of his eyes. I noticed that as Ash grew up, he began to look more and more like his dad.

"Mommy and Daddy are going to Tiffany's tonight for dinner," I added, "She has some news to tell us."

Andrew closed his eyes and rested his head on my shoulder. Just then, Ms. Padilla walked through the gate and Ash ran up to her, giving her a big hug. I smiled, my life could not be more perfect. And who knew that all I needed to do was accept the help and love I so desperately needed (though denied)?