[Chapter 14] Going Back

-Anthony's POV-

I woke up to the sky gray and clouds laying low in the sky. Rain was pitter-pattering on the window. I sat up and felt a sharp pain in my back. I realized I had fallen off of the couch and was laying on the floor on my back. I sat up and saw Ash was sitting upright with his head tilted down on the middle cushion of the couch. He was still asleep.

I stood up and looked upstairs - Genny was usually up by now, pouring Ash his bowl of Cheerios. I walked up the stairs and saw that her bed was a mess and her phone was laying in the center of it. Her drawers were wide opened and the lamp on her bed side table was on. I turned it off and walked back downstairs.

I picked up the sleepy Ash and began to make him his breakfast. As I sat him down in his high chair and I sat down in the chair Genny usually sat in, I noticed a piece of paper on the floor face-down. I got up, walked over to it and read it over:

"At the hospital. Got called this morning. See you later today. -Genny"

I placed the paper back on the counter. I debated whether I should go and meet her or if I should wait till she comes back. Then I realized I forgot to do something yesterday; get my stuff from Kalel's.

I walked back over to Ash, who threw his bowl on the floor and it had broken into pieces of glass with Cheerios crushed onto the carpet. I rolled my eyes as I began to clean up the mess he made - so this is what it's like to be a parent of a four-month-old son.

"Okay, Ash." I picked him out of his chair and held him in his arms. "You and I are going to take a visit to my ex-girlfriend and get daddy's stuff back!"

*****

The ride there was pretty quiet. Ash made his little noises as he bit on the teething ring Genny had left on the coffee table. I didn't want to listen to music, and I don't know why, I just didn't. We approached the driveway I knew oh so well. I got out, with Ash in my right arm, and knocked on the door with my left.

"One second!" Her voice called back.

I heard her unlocking the door. She swung it open and saw me, just to slam it in my face. I pounded my fist on the door. "Come on, Kalel! I need to come in!"

No response. Then I remember I kept a spare key on me at all times. It was a habit of mine to put it in my pockets every morning. I pulled the key out and smiled. I slipped the key into the lock and turned the knob - yes! She didn't change the locks yet.

I looked at the house and saw something was out of place...I couldn't put my finger on it just yet. I walked up the staircase to where everything was and saw Kalel in the kitchen. She was making something in the microwave.

"Kalel, I didn't come back to get back together with you. I just need to get my stuff and get out of here. No worries." I told her.

She looked over her shoulder and had an evil smile on her face. "Good luck with that, babe."

I laughed nervously and walked into the bedroom hallway. I walked into our bedroom and opened the drawers where I put my clothes - Kalel called the closet. I saw that the drawer was completely empty - nothing was in it. I opened the next one and the same situation.

I walked out to the front room and saw Kalel was now sitting at the table, looking at her phone. I went to go get my gaming stuff that I left here and couldn't find any of it. Not my gold wii remote, nothing! What the hell could've happened to it all?

I walked into the kitchen, she was putting her plate in the sink.

"Kalel?" I asked. "Where is my stuff?"

She turned around. "I'd love to tell you, but I need to get going. So I'd like you to leave too." She walked past me and ran into my shoulder, causing me to stumble back.

I couldn't believe her! She was being a total jerk about our break-up. I began to walk out of her place when I noticed all of this...black stuff in her garbage. I retraced my steps and peered into the bin. I picked up the big piece of charred something and could vaguely see the A button, 1 button, and 2 button of my golden wii remote. "That bitch!" I was about to throw it back in the bin, when I saw shreds of clothing were under the blackness - and it was my clothing. I threw the black thing back in the garbage and walked into the front room. All of the pictures of me and her were gone; she completely had taken me out of her life.

I walked out of the front door and over to my car. I noticed that there was a huge dent in the passenger side of the car and that one of my front tires were deflated. I rolled my eyes and opened the car door, just to have the window shatter from the impact of it going back. I sat Ash in his car seat and walked over to the driver's side. I needed to go see Genny, calm down for a little. But I needed to get rid of Ash, I looked back at him and sighed. The only people I could think of was Ian and or Tiffany. So I drove to her place, luckily she was there, and I dropped Ash off. She wasn't happy though to take him...

I hopped back into my car and was off to the hospital.