[Chapter 28] The Big Day

Author's Note: Hey guys! I wanted to inform you that I changed of the date of the wedding (if you read the previous chapter before I changed it). The month is now January, but the day's the same. Just saying... In addition, I'm only a teenager and haven't had a wedding of my own or a meaningful relationship, so, the words exchanged for the vows are probably going to sound really really cheesy. I want to apologize for that in advance. Well, I hope you like this chapter! -rac06h10ael

After the crazy night both Anthony and Genny had, it was time for the wedding. Let's hope that all goes well...or will it?

-Genny's POV-

Tiffany, Ash, Yolanda, Melanie, and I were in one of the rooms of the venue getting ready. Ash was running around with the basket (he was our "flower boy"). Yolanda was taking over making sure my dress looked perfect. I think she intimidated Melanie, because Melanie hovered by the makeup table and was constantly glancing over at her. Tiffany had done my makeup and now was curling my hair, though it was naturally curly. "I want you to look perfect." She kept telling me. There was so much hairspray and bobby pins in my hair, I was worried I wasn't going to be able to keep my head up straight.

She put the veil in and smiled. "There. I'm finished."

I looked in the mirror in front of me and grinned. I looked beautiful. I stood up and hugged her, "Thanks, Tiff."

"You're welcome, Genny." She sighed, "I just can't believe you're getting married before me!" I raised one of my eyebrows. "Or had a kid before me!" I put my hands on my hips in disbelief. "I mean, you just seemed like...more responsible than me and yet you were the one to get knocked up!"

"Tiff!"

"What?"

"That's really mean."

She scoffed, "It's not worst than what people were saying in high school." I gasped. "Let's get you in your dress!" And she shoved me into Yolanda.

"God damn it!" Yolanda shouted, catching herself before she fell. "You made me almost rip that dress!"

"What were you doing anyways?" I inquired.

She stood up straighter, hiding whatever she had in her hand behind her back, "Nothing." She said suspiciously. Then she walked off over to the makeup table, "Hey, I can use these, right?" Tiffany nodded her head. Melanie backed up until she hit the wall.

-Anthony's POV-

Me and all of my groomsmen were in the room across the one from which Genny and her bridesmaids were in.

I was looking at myself in the mirror and sighed. I couldn't believe I was actually marrying Genny. It sort of felt like this was happening all a little too fast. But I knew that this was the right thing to do. I wanted to do this. I mean, I was the one to propose, right?

"Dude, this is your last chance," Ian stated, gripping my shoulder, "You can run away. Right now."

"No." I looked over at him. "This is what I want."

He smirked, "Well, by the tone that came out in, it seems like you don't want to."

"It's not that, Ian. I just...never thought that the girl whose name I never quite knew until the party and the one you were always with would be the girl I was going to marry." I gulped. "And I'm really nervous she's going to say no."

"Why would Genny say no? She loves you, man."

"But there's Kalel. And I know she's worried that I still have feelings for her and I'm doing this only for Ash. But I'm not." I ran my fingers through my hair as I began to pace back and forth.