[Chapter 16] No Where or Any Time

-Genny's POV-

All of us came back to my place after the burial. It was quite lovely, though I didn't dare to look at the six foot hole in the ground or the casket or pretty much anything but Anthony's shirt. We changed from our funeral attire and into more comfortable clothes. I began to make spaghetti for everyone for dinner. I had a few cans and I'm not the greatest cook, so why not make something I only have to heat up?

"I can't believe Kalel is seeing Genny's brother." Anthony stated as he sat down on the arm chair. "I mean, isn't that against girl code or something?" He asked, looking back at me.

I shrugged my shoulders. I didn't know.

"I can't believe Genny has a brother." Tiffany remarked, filing her nails like she used to in high school. "The good thing is that now she isn't alone."

"Yeah, that's good." Ian retorted. "But how could Kalel just...do that?"

"I don't fucking know!" Anthony shouted as he stood up. I jumped back into the counter in fright. Tiffany and Ian just stared at him. Ash glanced up from the Lego's he was playing with and then went back to smashing them against each other.

"Are you jealous?" Ian asked quietly, after standing up and looking Anthony straight in the eye.

He crossed his arms. "No...it's just..."

"Lunch is ready!" I shouted, hoping they would stop talking about her. I pulled out bowls and plates and forks and spoons from the cupboards for them. They all lined up and got their helpings of spaghetti.

We all sat down at the table, with me feeding Ash his baby food.

"What are we going to do?" Tiffany asked picking at her food. She never was a huge fan of spaghetti, but she didn't want Ian or Anthony to think bad of her. Though I think it's totally stupid, she knows I have her stupid diet bars. And Anthony and Ian aren't ones to judge anyways.

"Yeah," Ian agreed, "We can't just let Chris, Genny's brother, hang out or even maybe get serious with Kalel, Genny's enemy."

I was silent, as was Anthony. He just ate his spaghetti and looked at the person who was speaking or at me and Ash. I didn't want to join the conversation, even though I was a major factor in it. Kalel was the least of my problems. I have Anthony and Ash to focus on.

I zoned out of their conversations, until I was brought back by the sound of my name being said. "...right, Genny?"

"Huh?" I asked, turning my head away from Ash.

Tiffany rolled her eyes, "I said, I think we should tell Chris about Kalel's true personality. Right, Genny?"

I slammed the spoon I was feeding Ash with down on his tray. "Guys, can we just drop this? Kalel should be the least of our worries. Ian - you have Melanie to worry about. Tiffany - Tiff..." I actually couldn't think of something she has to fret about; she lives a carefree life for the most part. "Tiffany - just worry about not partying too hard. And Anthony - I don't want to sound like a bitch, but you have us and our family to worry about." He shook his said in agreement. "Now, no where or any time should we have to think about, converse about, or focus on Kalel."

Everyone just stared at me, with serious expressions on their faces.

I went back to feeding Ash. He seemed happy, unlike the rest of us who were all high strung right now. We sat there in silence while we finished our lunch.

Anthony cleared his throat, "So, Ian, we have to work on stuff for our next video."

"Yeah, dude. Maybe this afternoon?" Ian replied, scooping a forkful of noodles covered in tomato sauce into his mouth.