[Chapter 20] Bad Things to a Nice Girl (Short Chapter)

-Ian's POV-

Genny and I had our ears up to the door, trying to eavesdrop on their conversation. We couldn't hear a thing, that was until we heard Kalel shriek, "What!?!"

Anthony's response was inaudible, so I assumed he was trying to explain whatever he told her.

"You know what, Anthony? I hope you enjoy your road to hell, 'cause that is where you're headed." Kalel shouted. I could hear Anthony speeding down the hallway, so I grabbed Genny by the arm and dropped her on the couch. I plopped down next to her.

Anthony burst through the door in a furious rage. He must've noticed Genny's and my worried looks because he calmed down as he walked over and sat down in the chair.

"So...what did you guys talk about?" I asked him.

He glared at me, and through his teeth replied, "I'll tell you later."

I could tell Genny was feeling awkward because 1) she wasn't joining the conversation and 2) she changed the subject by stating, "I wonder what's taking the pizza guy so long."

I looked back at her with a smirk. I truly felt sorry for her. She unexpectedly got pregnant, lost almost everything because of it, and she's only twenty-two years old! So much bad stuff has happened to such a nice girl. And I knew her life-long hatred for Kalel and vice-versa. I just feel that she was forced to grow up too fast...and it sort of was all my fault...

Ash wobbly walked over to Anthony and he picked him up and sat him on his lap.

I hadn't noticed before, but they looked almost exactly alike.

Author's Note: Sorry about the short chapter. The next one's going to be longer, I promise =) Thank you all for reading my stories, and I mean it when I say you mean the world to me. Love you all so much! -rac06h10ael