[Chapter 24] Weddings are Stressful

-Genny's POV-

It was about ten in the morning and Anthony and I were sitting at the table. I was in my classic tank-top and sweatpants with my thick, black, geek glasses for reading and Anthony was in his Spongebob pajama pants with no shirt. Ash was in his high chair; we gave him some Cheerios to keep him occupied while we started to plan for our wedding. Magazines, handouts, catalogues, and receipts replaced the top of our table, and we were shuffling through all of the papers.

I threw the pen I had in my hand across the table. It hit the wall, leaving a blue line starting midway and reaching down about two inches. I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed.

"What's wrong, Genny?" Anthony inquired.

"I can't fucking take this!" I shouted. "There's too much shit going on!" I jumped to my feet and scurried over to the big glass window. Anthony joined me and wrapped his arms around my waist, resting his head on my shoulder.

"We're going to get through this, okay? And you know how I know that?"

"How?" I asked in disbelief.

"Because you and I are like...a two person dream team." I could see in the reflection of the glass that he was smiling; the smile that won me over two years ago, and still wins me over. "And you've been through worst, right? With being a single mom?"

I looked down at our hands. "It wasn't that hard." I admitted sheepishly.

"It's because you're unbreakable."

"Unbreakable?" I broke out of our embrace so that I could face him. "What do you mean?"

"You're a strong person, Genny! And I'm sure that planning this wedding is going to be a breeze for you."

I crossed my arms. "What if we come short on money? Or what if things fall through right before we have our wedding day?"

"I'm sure with your job and my parents loving me so much, we'll manage. And I'm positive that nothing's going to go wrong." I gave him a skeptical look. "Okay, let's hope nothing goes wrong."

I walked past him and sat down at the table. I picked up a wedding dress catalogue and opened it to the page I'd been eying for a while. "I want this one." I told Anthony as he sat down diagonally across from me.

He took the catalogue from my hands. Looking at the picture, he smirked. "That would look lovely on you." He glanced up at me. "Now, see how easy that was?"

I laughed and tilted my head back. Only to sit back up when Ash threw a Cheerio at me. I sat up and looked at him, he just was laughing his head off. I smiled.

-Kalel's POV-

I was on the phone with Ian. I was sitting on my lonely king-sized bed and had a close-to-empty box of tissues by my side, and a bunch of mascara stained, crushed up and used tissues surrounding me. "So he's engaged to her!?!"

"Yeah." He paused. "I tried to tell him that you felt miserable, Kalel. But he just got angry with me for talking to you."

"For talking t-to me?"

"Yeah! He was like 'why do you keep bringing up Kalel?' And it's just so hard to explain that you want me to get you guys back together!"

"M-m-maybe I need to do it m-m-myself!" I managed to say through the tears.

"What do you mean?"

"When's the wedding?" I asked, twirling a piece of my now brunette hair around my finger. I'd evened out my breaths and was holding in the tears.