[Chapter 10] At The Park

-Kalel's POV-

I watched as Anthony backed out of my driveway. I couldn't believe him...he was going to propose to me! We've been together for three happy years and now this...how? Why? What did I do wrong?

I walked over to the mirror on my wall and saw that my mascara was running down my cheeks, but luckily my hair looked good. I smiled as I pushed my newly-chopped brown hair up and turned around. I leaned back on the small table under the mirror.

I needed to calm down,  get distracted, so I went to my laptop and changed my Facebook status to single. Then I scrolled down the page and saw a picture of Genny, Anthony, and her stupid kid. They were inside of her apartment and it was early in the morning. The comment said, "Having breakfast with Ash and @smoshAnthony!" It was posted four hours ago.

I rolled my eyes and scrolled down. More pictures of my friends and stuff. Nothing stood out to me, except a picture Anthony posted of him and me yesterday, when we were still so in love. I began to tear up again - Anthony was the best thing to happen to me. And the next I know, he had sex with my enemy and she had his kid.

Buki jumped up on the couch and curled up against me.

"Oh, Buki..." I said as we began to cuddle. Buki meowed and fell asleep in my arms.

I sighed. The house felt so lonely without Anthony. And there were things of his everywhere. For instance, his golden wii remote laid on my coffee table. And his red leather jacket laid on the arm of the couch.

I stood up and smirked. Time to do some classic break-up revenge.

-Genny's POV-

As I drove to the park, I constantly was looking back at Ash as he played with the teething ring I found under the couch and gave to him before we left. I was jealous of my own, four month old son. His life was carefree. He didn't have to worry about a single thing, except that his diaper was going to be changed and that he was fed regularly.

"You got to stop worrying. Genny." Tiffany told me.

"I'm not worrying." I replied, returning my attention to the road. "Just thinking."

"Okay then, let me rephrase. Stop thinking."

I rolled my eyes. "I can't, Tiff. Being a single, young mom has a lot of problems and worries that you need to deal with."

"Is this about Anthony?" She crossed her arms, looking over at me.

"No." I lied.

"Let me guess...you still can't believe this is happening." She said sarcastically.

"Right!" I replied. "I mean...I just...I'm still in shock. Like..."

She rolled her eyes. "You're un-fucking-believable, girl."

I parked the car in the park's parking lot in the empty space far away from the park itself and pulled Ash out of his car seat. We walked to a bench that was in the shade and let Ash play around in the grass. This time I made sure to keep an eye on him.

"Oh my god," Tiff began to talk, "I saw these totes cute high heels at the boutique in downtown. We totes have to go sometime so you can tell me how great I look in them."

"That's great, Tiff." Ash began crawling on his hands and knees. Then he fell on his butt and started to bite the teething ring that he had taken with him from the car. Then out of my peripheral vision, I saw someone running towards us. I averted my attention to the person and saw that it was Anthony.

"Anthony?" I asked as I stood up. He ran up to me, pulled me close to him, and kissed me.

I stumbled back and sat down on the bench. Tiffany's dark red lips curled up at the corners as she stared at me.

"Genny, I have great news." He said, panting and bending over.

"What?" I asked, looking up at him. "Did you break up with Kalel?"

"Actually, yeah."

"What?" I stood up again, surprised. "Why? When? I thought you were with family."

"I lied. Sorry." He straightened his posture. "She called me over, and I accepted her invitation without thinking straight. Then, I don't know what came over me, but I ended it with her. You mean the most to me now."

I blushed. "Thanks, Anthony."

"You two should go on a date!" Tiffany yelped, joining us as we stood. "I'm sure Ian and I would be glad to take Ash off your hands, Genny, and I'm sure you two would love get to know each other better once again!"

"You'd really do that?" I asked.

She shook her head. "Of course."

I hugged her, "Thanks, Tiff."

"So, let's find Ash and get going, I'm in the mood for some Chinese!" She exclaimed. "You're paying, right Genny?"

I rolled my eyes. "I suppose I could, that just means less money towards the hair cut I was planning on getting..." I slipped my hands into my pockets.

"I'll pay." Anthony offered with a grin. "I'd be glad to. Just promise me you won't do anything to drastic to your hair, Genny." He told me. "I love it the way it is right now." I sighed, I was planning to die it another color, maybe go with a nice blue-black hair color and chop it off so that it was just above my shoulders.

"Thanks, Anthony." I said, giving him a side hug. "Now...let's find Ash..." I said as I broke away from our embrace. Luckily, Ash was looking right up at us and was tugging on Anthony's pant leg with one hand and holding the teething ring in the other. I noticed the teething ring was covered in dirt.

Anthony bent down an picked him up. "Hey there, Ash." He smirked. "How about we get some Chinese and I let you eat the fortune cookie?" Ash began to clap his hands and show us his smile with teeth growing in.

*****

We went to lunch and had a blast. Ian met up with us there and he was just smiling the entire time as he glanced at Anthony and then me as we sat close together on the booth with Ash on Anthony's lap. We brought the left overs back to my place and hung out there for a while. I finally 'broke the barrier' in some sense and accepted the gift I was given - the help I've needed for a while. I was happy. And everyone around me was too.