[Chapter 21] Four Words

-Tiffany's POV-

The week following my surgery was pure hell. They wouldn't allow me to run home to brag my makeup. They wouldn't let me change into something better than this powder blue nightgown that was open in the back. And the TV in my hospital room didn't have Oxygen so I couldn't watch America's Next Top Model. It was terrible!

Genny, Ian, and Anthony visited me on Monday and Thursday. And then Ian went the extra step by visiting me every day and staying longer than Genny and Anthony. He's suck a sweetheart...

While I lay in the hospital bed for seven days, I learned a lot. I learned that Genny and Anthony are going on their first vacation together to WashingtonDC (something about how it's always been Genny's dream...I don't know and frankly don't care). I also found out that my car was totaled and I'd have to get a new one (as in there was absolutely no hope in repairing it). And the worst of all, I discovered I had no insurance so I would have to pay a large, LARGE fee when I leave the hospital.

Ian was the one to be there to wheel me out of the hospital. Genny told me she would've been there, but she was working extra hours that week and every week after this so that she could pay for this trip. But she did see me leave. Ian drove me back to my place.

I walked up to my door and looked back at Ian. He was leaning over the center console of the care. We had a long stare, and he got out of the car, ran up to me, and pulled me close to him. We locked lips and wrapped our arms around each other.

We pulled away from our kiss and a void of silence formed between us.

I cleared my throat and began to say, "Ian...I think...I love you." I looked up at his deep blue eyes and his slightly parted pink lips.

"I love you too," He responded with a smile.

I smiled back, but instead of feeling like the happiest girl in the world, I felt nervous, and somewhat scared. I'd never "loved" someone before. Yes, I've had someone love me, but never the other way around. This was all so new to me, and I didn't know what to do...

-Genny's POV-

Anthony drove me to Tiffany's house to drop Ash off and then go to the airport. The fifteen minute drive felt like forever. This would be the first time since Ash was born that I would be away from him for more than a few hours. And this would be the first time I'd be leaving Ash with Tiff, not my Aunt Bailey, and I was scared - she didn't have any parenting experience...come to think of it, nor did Aunt Bailey...

We stopped in front of her house. I glanced over at Anthony; my heart was pounding against my chest. He gave me a smile, telling me I was ready. I got out of the car, slung Ash's baby bag over my shoulder, picked Ash out of his seat and held him in my arms. Anthony took his swing out of the back and picked up Ash's carrier with his other arm.

We walked up to her door. I knocked on her door but instead of it echoing, the door creaked opened.

Anthony and I walked into her living room and set down the stuff she'd need.

"Tiffany?" I called. Instead of the response I was expecting, I heard Tiff's recognizable giggle. Oh god, I thought, she's with one of her guys again. "Tiffany!" I shouted. "It's Genny!"

What happened next was something I never thought would happen...

-Ian's POV-

"Tiffany?"

Tiffany stopped giggling and she and I both looked at her door.

"What's Genny doing here?" I whispered to her while leaning on my elbow and look at her.