[Chapter 25] Let's Go GDO

-Tiffany's POV-

Genny called me last night, she said she was stressed out and she just couldn't take it anymore. She was having trouble handling the wedding, her job, and taking care of Ash all at once. So I thought to stop by her house today.

I walked through the lobby, waved hello to Yolanda with a smile, and got in the elevator. I got to the floor she was on and walked up to her apartment door. I knocked on it.

I waited patiently as she took forever to get the door. She opened it and I gasped. She looked like a mess. Her hair was pulled back into a messy bun, she wore her trashy sweatpants, tank top, and sweatshirt, and she just looked bad!

"What's with...that?" I cringed, pointing up and down her.

She sighed, "I haven't had time to take a shower. I've been too busy."

"When was the last time you took a shower?" I pinched my nose, even though she didn't smell.

"I took one Saturday morning." I looked at her confused. "Yesterday morning." She clarified. I relaxed and smiled. I had sort of forgotten what day it was. Oops. "I haven't been able to take one today though. Ash started to walk and he's been running around the entire house." She smacked her forehead. "I just need a break from everything..."

I dropped my hand to the side and grinned, "Well I have the perfect solution for you!" I sang. "A GDO!"

"A what?"

"A GDO, Girls' Day Out. You know, like we used to in high school?" I reminded her.

She put her hands on her hips. "I don't have time for a 'GDO,' Tiff. I have too much on my plate right now!"

I pouted, "But you said you needed a break. And I'm giving you that break. Pweeeaaase?"

She rolled her eyes, "Fine..."

"Great!" I looked behind her and saw no Anthony. "Where's Anthony?"

"He and Ian are shooting another video for their main channel today. So I have Ash all...to...myself." Her eyes widened. "Ugh, I can't go, Tiff. I can't leave him alone. Sorry."

It was as if a light bulb popped over my head and lit up. "How would you feel about Yolanda taking care of Ash?"

"What?" She yelled at me, "I barely know her!"

I shrugged my shoulders, "If you want a break, you need to give up Ash. And since you're Aunt Bailey ins't here anymore..."

She glared at me.

*****

About an hour later, after Genny took a shower, got dressed, and clean up the messes Ash made, the three of us were standing in front of Yolanda's desk.

"You want me to what?" She yelled at us.

"Please, Yolanda, I need you to take care of Ash for me. Just for the day." Genny explained. "I'll even pay you if I have to."

A sly smirk grew on Yolanda's face. "How much?"

"I don't know...fifty dollars?"

"One hundred." She counteracted.

"What? No! Yolanda! I have a wedding I need to get saving up for!"

"Seventy-five." Yolanda offered.

"Seventy. End of discussion."

Yolanda held her hands out. "Give me the little bundle of joy!" Genny handed over Ash and sat the baby bag down next to her chair.

"If you need anything, you have the key to my room." Genny told her. Yolanda was already playing with Ash, ignoring us. I dragged Genny out of the apartment complex and shoved her in my vehicle before she could object, saying that she missed Ash or didn't want to go.

We went to all of our favorite stores in the mall. We tried on clothes, bought clothes, sampled perfumes, bought perfumes. Well, I mostly bought things, Genny just tried everything, she seemed zoned out.

Finally, when we stopped at Panera Bread in the mall for lunch, she seemed to relax a little and be the fun, bubbly person I used to know.

"So," She began to ask, "What's the situation between you and Ian?"

I froze up, "What do you mean?"

"Like, are you ignoring him or what?"

"Well he lied to me saying that he broke up with Melanie. So this whole time we were together, he was with her." I replied angrily. I hadn't realized it, but I was crushing the paper cup that held my Diet Coke. Genny's eyes grew wide as she waited for the cup to burst. And soon enough, the cup broke and the soda spilled everywhere. "Oh my god!" I shouted. The soda was spilling off of the table and was getting my white skirt stained.

Genny was quick to pull out all of the napkins to soak up the liquid.

"I'm so sorry!" I apologized to Genny.

"It's fine, Tiff. You don't need to apologize. This is...nothing compared to some of Ash's messes." She smiled.

"Do you happen to have an extra skirt with you?" I asked her.

She laughed at me. "No. I don't carry around an extra skirt."

"Damn it..." I mumbled under my breath. "Hey! How about you and Anthony? How's the wedding planning going?"

She sighed, "I don't know. All I know is that it's stressing the crap out of me."

I nodded my head, "That's why I don't like serious relationships. Too many responsibilities."

Genny smirked. "Very true." She started to stir the ice in her cup with her clear straw. "Hey, do you...think Anthony still has feelings for...Kalel?"

"What? No. Nu-huh. He's all yours now." I answered. "Why do you ask?"

She became sullen. "I think he's keeping something from me. About her."

I raised one of my eyebrows, "What? No. Pfft. He wouldn't do that, Genny. Remember at the park? He loves you, not her. You mean the world to him now."

"I'm not so sure anymore..." She ran her fingers through her hair.

I sighed. "Look, I know Anthony still loves you."

"What if it was just for Ash?" She retorted. "What if the only fucking reason he's still with me is because of Ash? What if he leaves me at the altar!?!"

"Stop with the what ifs!"

Fright was written all over Genny's face. She began to bite her nails like she did when she gets nervous. Genny used to do this all the time in high school. It bugged me.

"You're fine, Genny. Calm down."

She just shook her head and stood up. "Can we go back? I need to go home. Now." And she bolted for the door.

"But we didn't even go to the spa!" I shouted as I followed her out of the restaurant, lugging the bags and bag of stuff I bought in my hands. She asked me for the keys after we found the car in the parking lot. I handed them over, afraid of what might happen if I didn't give them to her.

We sped back to her place, picked up Ash from Yolanda, paid her her seventy dollars, and rushed up to her loft. She stormed into her loft and said to Anthony, who was sitting on the couch watching TV, "You need to answer some questions for me."