Chapter 1

{Character in picture: Blake Lively as Anastasia "Stacey" Marks}

{Song in video: Nicki Minaj ft. Lil Wayne - I Get Crazy}

I got up, and got ready for my first day of work at Havens Enterprise, which was a computer software company. I put on a short, tight, cerulean blue dress with flower print and put on cheetah print high heels. I decided I would wear my long blonde hair down.

I was psyched about my new job, and went downstairs so I could catch a taxi. The building was about ten minutes away via car.

I got there, and went inside the building. I went into the boss's office.

"Hey, Vince," I said to him, grinning.

My boss was really handsome. He had olive-colored skin, brown hair, and had strong facial features. Of course, he was also wearing a navy blue and white suit, and had on a navy blue tie. His face usually looked stern, which made him look even more attractive actually.

"That's Mr. Havens to you. Also, you should knock first. I could have been in the middle of a meeting or something important," Mr. Havens said sternly.

"I'm so sorry-"

"Since this is your first day here, you will be trained by Mr. Sanjay Kapoor. He will teach you what to do with different types of files. You will also run errands for me, but that will be later on."

"Oh okay, awesome."

Mr. Havens got on the phone. "Hello, Mr. Kapoor? I need you to come here in my office. You will train Ms. Anastasia Marks, since this is her first day." He put the phone down, and did work on his computer.

A few minutes later, Mr. Kapoor walked in. "Hello, Ms. Anastasia Marks," he said, shaking my hand. "I will show you around the office where everything is, and how to do things. Come with me, please." He smiled. He looked to be in his mid-30's, and was of Indian descent. He also had a somewhat thick accent. He was wearing a black and white suit, and had on a black tie.

"Hello, Mr. Kapoor, it's nice to meet you," I said cheerfully.

"Oh, you can call me Sanjay."

"Oh? And, please call me Stacey. I don't really like being called by my actual name." I laughed.

"Deal." He grinned.

He introduced me to the different co-workers. Harper Foster, a blonde-haired young woman who talked so fast that I barely could understand her, Dante Jones, who was very cheerful and funny, and there were other ones that I forgot their names already, mainly because they were bland and a bit unfriendly.

He showed me the different rooms, and where certain files and papers go.

"Okay, well, I'm done showing you the different things," Sanjay said.

"Cool. So, what do I do now?" I asked.

"We're supposed to be having a meeting in the conference room in a few minutes. Just stick with me for now."

My first meeting I will get to attend!

A few minutes later, we walked into the conference room and sat down.

Mr. Havens stood in front with a presentation, and was explaining, and talking about it. A few minutes into the presentation, someone called me, and my ringtone was "I Get Crazy" by Nicki Minaj. Everyone in the room looked in my direction, and some glared. Mr. Havens crossed his arms, looking annoyed. I shuffled through my bag, trying to find my phone, feeling my cheeks turn red. By the time I found it, the phone already stopped ringing. I put it on silent anyways.