Chapter 7

{Character in picture: Jessica Lowndes as Jesenia Gavidia}

{Song in video: Lady Gaga ft. Colby O'Donis - Just Dance}

I was getting my apartment ready for the party. I had decided I would go through with it since Mr. Havens told me he could make it. Most of my workmates also told me they would come.

I was busy making margaritas and had bought champagne. I looked around and made sure there was plenty of snacks and food. I played some music in the background, at a low volume.

After I was done preparing for the party, I went to get ready. I put on a short, tight, maroon colored dress, gold low heels, and gold bracelets. Since it was at my house, I didn't need to follow a dress code.

The first people to arrive were Sanjay, Dante, and his wife, Leslie.

"Hey guys," I greeted them and grinned. "Make yourselves at home. I have margaritas, champagne, food, and snacks in the kitchen."

"Thank you Stacey," Sanjay said. "You have a very nice place." He smiled, and then went into the kitchen.

"Stacey, I would like you to meet my wife Leslie," Dante said and introduced us.

"Hello nice to meet you," Leslie said and shook hands with me. Leslie was gorgeous, she had a black pixie cut, beautiful smile, and wore a tight long black dress.

"Hey nice to meet you too," I said, grinning. "You look absolutely gorgeous."

"Aw thank you. You look beautiful yourself." She smiled at me.

Pretty soon, the other coworkers began to show up. I was getting a little nervous since Mr. Havens hasn't shown up yet.

Harper was babbling on and on to me,  but I was focused on seeing Mr. Havens. I nodded and acted like I was listening. I knew it was rude but I had too many things on my mind.

Finally, after what has seemed like forever, Mr. Havens came to the party.

"One second Harper," I said and quickly went over to Mr. Havens. "Hey Mr. Havens, I'm so glad you made it." I grinned.

"Hello Anastasia," Mr. Havens said. "I'm sorry I was running a bit late. I had an emergency meeting that was planned at the last minute."

"Oh it's okay. Things happen like that. I understand you're a very busy man." I paused for a moment. "There's food and drinks in the kitchen."

Mr. Havens smiled. "Oh okay. Thank you Anastasia."

I practically squealed. He actually smiled at me!

We talked for a few more minutes but then Mr. Havens' phone rang. "I'm sorry I have to take this," he said and walked outside of the apartment.

I grinned to myself. This party is going great! So far, I didn't screw anything up.

Dante and Leslie came up to me. "Wow Mr. Havens actually came to your party," Dante said, looking impressed.

My grin faded to a confused look. "What do you mean by that? Why do you sound so surprised?" I asked.

"Because he almost never goes to anyone's gatherings or parties." Dante chuckled as if that were obvious.

"It's true. I don't think I've ever seen him attend any parties except his own," Leslie said, while taking a sip of champagne. "And that's only if he has to go."

"Really? Hmmm that's weird that he came to my party then, especially since I screwed up so much," I said, taking a few sips of my strawberry margarita.