Chapter 3

{Character in picture: Karen Gillan as Chelsea Hendricks}

{Song in video: Fitz And The Tantrums - Out Of My League}

"Anastasia, if you go to Harper Foster, she can help you where to drop off those files," Mr. Havens said to me after he told me I was going to deliver files for him.

"Oh okay, thanks!" I said and walked out of his office. I managed not to screw anything else up the past few days.

I went up to Harper, and I asked her where to drop off the files. The problem was I couldn't understand a word she said. "I'm sorry can you repeat that?" I asked her. Harper re-explained, and I still didn't get it. All I did was make out two places of what she said. Now I had to run errands, and drop off the files in two places, but the problem was which files went where?

"Hey Dante, do you know where these files go?" I asked him.

"No. Did you ask Harper?" Dante said.

"I did, but I can't understand her. The only thing I understood was two places, but I don't know which files go where." I frowned, looking at the files.

"Did you ask her to repeat what she said?" He rolled his eyes.

"Yeah." I said slowly, wincing.

He chuckled. "Well, sorry, I can't help you there." He shrugged.

I bit my lip nervously, and went to drop the files off in the two places anyways. It's a 50/50 chance this will be wrong. If so how bad could it be? I can always come get it later and switch them.

I came back, and sat down at my desk. For the first time since I came here, I felt accomplished, and proud of myself.

A few minutes later, Mr. Havens came out of his office and exclaimed, "Anastasia Marks!" and marched right up to me.

Uh-oh that doesn't sound good.

"Y-yes Mr. Havens?" I said with a shaky voice, slowly turning around.

"Are you out of your mind?!" He glared.

"What are you talking about?" I blinked, giving him a confused look.

"You gave the businesses the wrong files, and if it went into the wrong hands then it could have cost our whole entire business!"

I never seen him look so mad. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"All you had to do was go to Harper, and let her explain where the files go, and to drop them off." He continued to glare.

"I did go to her, but I didn't understand a word of what she said-"

"So you didn't ask?" His face was red of fury.

"Um-"

"You need to stop screwing up. Get back to work." He stomped off into his office.

I sat there numbly, feeling shocked. The last thing I wanted to do was to disappoint my boss but I sure did...again. I went back to my desk and, sat down, feeling ashamed.

"You could be fired any second now," Dante warned me. "And it's only your first week."

I closed my eyes, sighing. "I know. I really screwed up this time. I don't know how I'll make it up to him." I went on to do my work. I didn't even tell him about the ice cream incident.

After a while, it was lunch break. "Hey Dante, where are you going for lunch?" I asked.

"Going to Luigi's with Mr. Havens and Sanjay. We love that place," he replied.