Chapter 4

{Character in picture: Adhir Kalyan as Sanjay Kapoor}

{Song in video: Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess}

I bustled through the door. "Here's your breakfast and drink, Mr. Havens," I said to him.

"Put it on my desk," he ordered.

While putting the food and drink down, I accidentally spilled his drink all over him. I gasped loudly. "I'm so sorry, Mr. Havens!" I quickly got a napkin out, and tried wiping the spill.

Mr. Havens closed his eyes for a few seconds and scolded, "Anastasia, are you always this accident prone? This suit costed two thousand dollars!"

"I'm really sorry..." I winced. I felt like I was always apologizing to him.

"Just go to your desk, and work." He sighed.

I gave him an apologetic look, walking out, and did what I was told.

"You alright there? You've been quiet the past few hours," Dante said to me, breaking the silence.

I sighed. "I don't know...I guess so. I accidentally spilled a drink all over Mr. Havens this morning," I said lamely.

Dante face palmed. "Oh lord. Are you always that accident prone?"

"He said the same thing..." I looked down at the floor.

Just then, Sanjay came by, and asked Dante, "Hey, are you going to Mr. Havens party gathering tonight?"

Mr. Havens is having a party?

"Yup," Dante replied.

"Okay good. Will you help me with the presentation over there?" He pointed at a room.

"I'd be happy to." He got up from his seat.

"Good. That's a relief!" Sanjay smiled, and walked off.

"Mr. Havens is having a party?" I asked Dante before he followed after him.

"Um yeah..." He gave me a 'duh' look.

"Oh, I didn't know that. I wonder if he forgot to invite me."

Dante laughed. "Yeah, right."

My face fell. "He probably hates me because I screw everything up!" I felt my eyes welling up with tears. This week couldn't get any worse.

"Calm down! I doubt he hates you. Just please don't start with the water works."

I blinked back the tears, sensing that crying made Dante uncomfortable. "Yeah, you're right. I'm sorry I won't cry."

"Good." Dante let out a sigh of relief.

My face lit up. "I know what I'm going to do." I grinned.

Dante looked at me suspiciously. "Uh-oh, what are you planning to do?"

"I'm going to invite myself to the party." I beamed, having a confident look on my face.

"I don't think that's a very good idea-"

"Trust me, I'm a party person. I've got myself invited to all the cool parties back in high school. I'm pretty sure I can do this."

Dante groaned as I walked off.

I took a deep breath, and knocked on Mr. Havens door.

"Come in," his voice said, not actually sounding mad this time.

I took a deep breath, opening the door, and strutted toward him. I flipped my hair, and batted my eyelashes. This is how I used to invite myself to guy's parties in high school. I'm sure it still works.

"Is something the matter with you?" He asked, giving me a look in between stern and concerned.

"No." My face flushed. Didn't he get the hint that I was flirting with him?

"Then what is it? Anything you need?" His face looked stern.

"I just wanted to know if you're into parties. I'm going to have one in a few weeks." I flipped my hair once again.

"Anastasia, I really don't have time to discuss this right now, but I'll check my schedule, and see if I'm free." He gave me an annoyed look, and then slightly softened his face.

"Oh okay. Well, whenever you find out, let me know!" I grinned, and walked out of his office.

"What's with that grin on your face? You almost cried just two minutes ago," Dante said as I walked back to my desk.

"Well, since he probably forgot to invite me to his party, I decided I will throw my own party in a few weeks. He might come!" I exclaimed giddily.

Dante face palmed. "Of course you did," he mumbled.

"Hey, you will come too, right?"

"I'm not really a party guy, but I have no choice but to go."

"Why?" I asked curiously.

"Boss man." He shrugged, and then we went back to work.

---

"So Dante, where is Mr. Havens party?" I asked him as I got ready to go home.

"Oh no, I'm not giving that away. I know you will just crash the party," Dante said, chuckling.

"No, I won't I'm just curious." I faked a grin.

Dante quickly walked away from me, and went on the elevator.

"Ugh," I mumbled to myself. I looked around, and saw Sanjay leaving work. At that moment, I came up with a brilliant idea. I quickly caught up with him. "Hey Sanjay," I started to say, and smiled. "I assume you're going to Mr. Havens' party tonight?"

"Yes, I am," Sanjay said, smiling back, and nodding his head.

"Oh, that's good. See I was invited too, but I forgot where the party is. Will you give me the address?" I gave him a serious look.

"Sure thing, Ms. Marks." He wrote down the address on a piece of paper, and handed it to me.

"Perfect. Do you remember what the dress code is?"

"It will be a semi-formal party. Most likely you should wear a dress."

"Thanks so much Sanjay!" I grinned, giving him a hug. "Well, I'm going to go home now. I'll see you tonight!" I walked out of the building, and went home.

**********

A/N: Uh-oh Stacey is accident prone more than ever and now she wants to crash Mr. Havens' party. Do you think that's a good idea? 

READ

VOTE

COMMENT